S-10 Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1907 Posts

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,613 Posts
Well, here is the first part of the lift. Bigger tires. Freebies from a friend that was parting out a Blazer. 235/75/15s. It had 215/65/15s on it which were stock 14 diameter on smaller rims. I want to use Blazer brakes up front, and we all know how impossible the 2wd Blazer lift spindles are to acquire. If possible at all. So that being the case, I am going to do a mild lift which is a Rough Country 2" suspension lift. Comes with shocks, coils and helper spring for back. It'll probably be more like 3 in the front since the original 300k miles springs are sagging like a mofo. Currently the tires rub way more than I like. I was scared of the power loss, but with the 3.4 V6 crate engine with the hot rodded 4.3 EFI, it isn't even an issue. It almost corrected my speedometer too which was off when I swapped to a lower rear end a while back.

I've had this truck 21 years. It needs painting, but it is 99% rust free southern truck. Solid. I rebuilt it from the ground up in 2010 and parked it while I got my life sorted out (divorce and ensuing craziness) from 2011 till fairly recently. I drove it and worked on it, but it sat around...A LOT. I aim to change that.

Here's a pic! I expected it to look more chunky, but due to the saggy old springs (which is one of about 5 things I didn't replace). Hardly lifted, but will post soon. I can't drive it like this much due to the rubbing, so I gotta do it now!

Attachments

·
3,613 Posts
Factory height. With the 215s. The 235s do fill up the wheel wells better.

Attachments

·
3,613 Posts
Rough Country kit arrived.

Shocks, coils, helper leaf and steering stabilizer on my door, $408. Normally I would do this myself, but I'm not feeling working on the ground with dirty suspension components. Nor do I feel like risking my face with a flyaway coil spring. Having a shop do it for me.

$850 total. Should be done next week. Will post pix.

·
Registered
304 Posts
3.5 " lift air bagit springs powder coated blue,cst uppers,rear shackle.30x9.50 on stock rims with matching spare tucked under bed, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with magnaflow y-pipe,convertor and muffler.1" body lift.twin dual speed electric fans wired to temp and a/c.rear seat storage area console deleted.zq8 sway bars front and rear

Attachments

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,334 Posts
I guess that's the price you pay for phone pics...lol. Try posting full size pics.

·
3,613 Posts
Well. Here it is. Done for now. Rough Country 2” suspension lift. Springs and helper leaf. 3 pix are stock, tires and lift. I am pretty happy with it considering those are 235s. Supposedly 30” tires will fit too.

Attachments

·
3,613 Posts
One more pic

Attachments

·
3,613 Posts
Installed the rollbar today and a small toolbox to replace the one that couldn’t open under it. I think it looks pretty good! Still have to wire the lights. Fun fishing them through the bar. Probably the hardest part actually.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
If I went with 3 inch spindles and moog 5664s up front and whichever combo in the rear to level it out, is that enough to clear 31s and look like the tires are not too big for the truck? I see some pics were they look good and some that don't. Also I seen a truck with a 4 inch hanger and shackle lift from airbagit anybody know info on these? I don't really want to do a body lift but will do what is necessary to get the look I want but I'm having trouble finding one that has bumper brackets for stepside bed.

·
3,613 Posts
Gotten to where nobody makes crap for S-10. New or old. Probably have to fabricate your own mounts.

·
3,613 Posts
Added some cheap fog lights to the Faux X Faux. I’ll get around to wiring them one day. Land vehicle Car Vehicle Chevrolet Pickup truck

·
3,613 Posts
I know this is an old thread but. Going to be lifting this thing soon with a 3" front spindle and 2 or 3" shackles in the rear. Ill post up pics when I do it as I'm going
Keep it going. I like to see updates. When I get in a little better financial situation soon, I also plan to do the spindle/shackle lift on my truck in addition to the 2" Rough Country lift that is already on it and do 30" tires when these 235s are worn out. So with that combo the truck is then 7 inches taller than stock!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update Num. 2 got the lift on and it looks stellar but couldn't get any good picture as its still on the rack due to a faulty brake hose adapter by PO

·
3,613 Posts
Got this at Pull a Part. Was on a full size Ford. Looked way too small. It's too wide for the S-10, but the tubes bolt in, so I can actually cut it down narrower. Plan to sandblast and powdercoat. Should look pretty good I think!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got this at Pull a Part. Was on a full size Ford. Looked way too small. It's too wide for the S-10, but the tubes bolt in, so I can actually cut it down narrower. Plan to sandblast and powdercoat. Should look pretty good I think!
How is it too wide for the dime? Mine has one on it lol

·
I'm the driver
31 Posts
Mocked up the back with 2 inch shackles and 2 inch wheel spacers, I want to get the front squared away before I finish the back.

1861 - 1880 of 1907 Posts