S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 s10 2wd that I wanna put a 6in lift on but can’t seem to find any kits for that. Help me?

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
562 Posts
You will have to mix a suspension lift and a body lift to achieve that much total. Fabtech used to make lift spindles and coil springs for the front. The rear is usually lifted by flipping the rear axle under the springs. Check the brands of lift spindles for the front as some brands will push the front wheels out farther than the stock location.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Curious, why do you need a 6" lift?. Lift spindles and shackles will get you a nice lift..You can also add a body lift (but why)...

·
Been there Done it
11,879 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.
I also was wondering the reason you need so much lift on a 2wd. Just curious.
If the plan is to install huge tires you need to consider whether or not you have to power and gearing to make it move at a reasonable rate. If it's a 2.2 forget it. Also the handling and ride will take a hit. Might want to think about a roll bar. A real one not one of those bolt to the bed "show" bars. I've been upside down in an S10, it's not as much fun as you'd imagine.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
oldeerslayer,
You must be talking a "roll cage". Those bolt on ones in the bed?? Are nothing more than a Light bar...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts