S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an 02 s-10, and i am wanting to lift it. it is a 2wd extended cab. where can i find a lift that is bigger than 4" for it? i'm wanting a 6" lift, does anyone know if one is out there? if so....who makes them?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for both. i'll be doing some off roading while hunting and all, but nothing serious, i'll use my blazer for the tough stuff. mainly for show. whats the biggest that fabtech makes for my truck?

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
sign_in_name51 said:
for both. i'll be doing some off roading while hunting and all, but nothing serious, i'll use my blazer for the tough stuff. mainly for show. whats the biggest that fabtech makes for my truck?

6.5" with Coils, upper arms, and spindles.

Alot of people don't like the stiff ride of Fabtech coils,some reports of broken A-arm mounts and cracked frames have also gone around. I would recommend a CST kit, its more money but I hear its better quality....or you can go cheap like I did and buy a 2" body lift($100) some used 2" lift coils(free) and a set of 3" spindles form truckin.com ($239). Mount your upper balljoints under the a-arm and your good to go:thumbup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Does Cst Have a website?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, i will probab;y gp with CST, because i don't want anything to break. i want it to last a long time

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
You will break if you run your 2WD off road hard, the front suspension design is not very good for off road abuse. The balljoints on our trucks are weak and won't take any hard driving for long. Balljoints are the first to break, then the A-arm mounts are pretty weak and crack and tear from the frame(which is compounded by taller stiffer springs and larger tires)
CST has a uni-ball upper mount option for their kits, which I hear is a must have for any moderate off roading. I get this info from the prerunner sites and these guys drive pretty hard out in the desert. I think I'm pretty hard on my truck but I don't jump it or anything I just drive fast on forest roads and pitch the rear out a little. I haven't broke a balljoint yet but I did wear a set out pretty quick. I'll be carrying a spare balljoint on my back country runs.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not going to offroad mine hard at all. except once or twice...just to see what she'll do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts