S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

Whats a good way to lift my 86 blazer 4x4. I want a suspension lift, or not just a body lift, myabe both. I want to be able to fit 33 inch tires under it, could this be accomplished by putting a 3 inch lift shackle in the rear, plus a 3 inch body kit, plus bigger springs upfront?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would not recommend a 3" Lift Shackle. That would require a total length increase of 6" to shackle. That much and you will rotate the axle housing a little to much.

I know it probably sounds hard but doing a spring over conversion on the rear is actually very easy and will give you the lift that you need. Talk to someone at a local shop that does welding or better yet see if you can find someone to help you weld new perches on.

Not sure if this will create drive shaft problems. You may find that the rear drive shaft is to short for doing a spring over conversion. It should cost about $60.00 to lengthen and re-balance your existing drive shaft.

Lifting the front 3" will need to be done with a suspension lift so that you do not put to much of an angle on the front drive shafts. You can crank the torsion bars all the way down to get about 1.5" to 2.0" of lift.

Easiest thing overall may be the 3" body lift but, this is not a 5 minute job either. May require changes to various linkages, Gas tank filler tube, brank lines, etc...

Overall to get a good lift on an IFS S10 it costs money. Best setup I have seen are Whiplash lift kits. They meke up to a 10" lift for the S10 blazer for about $1500 +

Keep in mind that this is just my .02 worth. Personally I converted to a SFA front and a Ford 9" rear. I currently can run 40" tires without any rubbing but, this has taken a while to build and I don't even like to think about the investment to date. Expecially when I realize that I still need new drive shafts, re-do my spring perches, re-do the rear end gears, rotate the front knuckles some more then I'll finally be ready for the 383 V8... :idea:

·
Registered
25 Posts
ive got 33's

this is how i did it:

2" superlift
1 pair of aal's
2" body lift
bushwacker cutouts
rancho rs5000's for the longer length

all theese items cost me roughly $850. and leaves me room to stack the 5" trailmaster lift on down the road when i come across a deal . i have pics but there stuck in the void of the s10-4x4.com baastard. any q's just check my profile and drop me a line.

·
Registered
25 Posts
here and s-series. feel kind of stupid saying this ..but couldnt figure out how to register for the extremist site. i checked it a hand ful of times but cant post.

·
Registered
129 Posts
you were at Kevin's old site right? It was on ezboard too, that might be the problem. It also takes about 24 hours for the sign in to take effect. Just about everybody from S10-4x4.com is over there. If you have any more trouble just ask.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You guys didn't really think you could hide from me, did you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts