S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building on a contraption right now that in the end i hope to be a vehicle. If in fact this beast turns out to be a good vehicle to drive, i may want to acquire the tags for it. does anyone have any experience with doing this? i'd like to know what kind of shit i'm going to run into with the dmv and what kind of regulations i'm probably looking at.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Good Luck! I had to do that with the dune buggie and it wasnt fun. It has to be state inspected and has to meet all of 2005 safty and emisions. Needless to say it is now a 68 VW beatle title.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Rock_Solid said:
I'm building on a contraption right now that in the end i hope to be a vehicle. If in fact this beast turns out to be a good vehicle to drive, i may want to acquire the tags for it. does anyone have any experience with doing this? i'd like to know what kind of shit i'm going to run into with the dmv and what kind of regulations i'm probably looking at.
just gotta check into your states laws and regulations, its different everywhere but be ready for a ton of paperwork and hours on the phone

·
Registered
556 Posts
Your Local Laws May Very . Ive Actually Been Lookin Into This Myself . From What My Local BMV Tells Me You Will Need Recipts For Every Bought Part . Im Building a 1979 Dodge D50 Mini It Will Be Full Tube Frame WIth Mustang 2 Front And Powered By A 360 or 440 I Havent A Title But Once Its Completed Ive Been Told To Call The Police And Once All Recipts Have Been Looked Over They Will Sign A Wavier. I Take The Wavier To The BMV And They Give Me A MVIN Its A Vin But It Starts With M ????? Not Supposed To be Too Dificult But I Hear Full Coverage Is Hella High On MVIN Vechicles.
Good Luck

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
XtremelyClean said:
i wish i had the skills to capitalize the begining of every word in a paragraph
orangesonoma said:
i dont get it?
i think he was poking at big mike

anyhow go to your DMV website and there shoudl be a section on homebuilt laws

here is the info for new york state.

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
I know here in PA there is about a 15 page book you need to fill out to get regisration for a "specially constructed vehicle" and there was a separate section in the inspection book just for SCV's...
So, yeah...have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts