S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question for all the professional body droppers out there, how important is it to first get the body and frame level to a certain point before cutting the floor. I got a 85 jimmy that i am in the process of body droppin and its really making things a lot easier for me, i leveled the frame and body with jackstands

·
Kutter
143 Posts
Use wooden shims and measure ALOT before u start welding. Measure a thousand times before u weld anything.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
2lo4dsno said:
Use wooden shims and measure ALOT before u start welding. Measure a thousand times before u weld anything.
i prefer metal shims but they do the same thing. if you are going to be up on jack stands you will want to run 2 psc of tubing under the frame. one up by the front body mount and the other just in front of the back tire.this will tell you right were the bottom of the frame is. if you are going to the rocker, just add a shim between the tube and the frame for the thickness of the pinch weld. hope this helps.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I just leveled my truck with my suspension, the I put a torpedo level on my frame and then in the door jamb. But technicly it doesnt matter how level the frame is, as long as the frame and door jamb is the same.... But if you cut everything right it should be just fine...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts