S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to level out the truck. i dont want to have it too low, just even it out. i think i need 1" blocks in the back, but will that hurt the quality of the ride? any help on this is appreciated, as i have no experience with the lowering of a vehicle. thanks.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
1" blocks will work just fine......it's real easy to do yourself too......took me and yudruln about an hour to do his X. won't hurt the quality of the ride at all.....

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
I have 1" blocks in the rear. Looks good, and didn't hurt the ride quality at all. It does change Center of Gravity, but not so much that you can feel it in the corners. Its worth while, makes the truck look 10 times better.

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can just pick these up at auto zone, right? does the brand really matter? also, how much cash should i expect to drop on them? thanks!

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
Also put a little grease on both sides of the block, metal to metal contact after a while isn't the coolest thing to have. You could have anything from electrolitic action or major oxidation. Plus after a while they will squeek. After a few miles, you might want to retorque the bolts.

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
Double Down said:
is there any difference?
Yeah belltech gives you crappy ubolts that don't fit. I believe the blocks are made of aluminum too. The bolts don't really matter, cause you can use the stock u-bolts. Its tricky but you catch a whole nut, so its safe.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
DevX said:

Yeah belltech gives you crappy ubolts that don't fit. I believe the blocks are made of aluminum too. The bolts don't really matter, cause you can use the stock u-bolts. Its tricky but you catch a whole nut, so its safe.
the ubolts is what took me and garrett the longest on his, had to torque them to get into the holes........but we got them after like 15 mins per bolt.........

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Ok what about us peeps that are gonna take the heaavy bumper off our ZQ8's and put on a roll pan. The extra weight off the bumper taken off will from my guess make the truck go up a half inch or more. So what size rear lowering blocks for my ext cab then?

·
0 Posts
You just gotta measure and see what you need to drop it. When i took off my bumper my rear went up about a half inch.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Aight so right now with the bumper on my truck and nothing in the bed it is 28.75 inches from the ground to fender and the front is 27 inches measured in the same aspect. So roughly 1.75 inches higher in the rear. So when i take the bumper of it will probably raise the rear end up in excess of 2 inches. So will the 2 inch blocks do the trick?

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
I just put 1" block on my ZQ8 with a fiberglass roll pan & it leveled it out pretty good.
I think it was still like 1/4" or so higher in the back probably from the light weight roll pan.:rolleyes:

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
me and XtremeChevy2k leveled his X out last night with 2" blocks....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts