S-10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 334 Posts

· Comitted Suicide
1,105 Posts
BADASSGRAPHICS said:
what kinda of paint are you guys useing to paint on the plastic??? what brands are you useing??? do use clear coat?? or is it enamel??? let me know i need help on my dash, thanks

wade
i sanded mine down and used krylon paint and alot of clear coat, you could also use automotive paint at a higher price or even vinyl dye would work on softer surfaces without cracking, the key is in the prep work if you dont prep it correctly it will show in the end so sand it till your fingers go numb lol, good luck! :tup:

· Tommy
2,227 Posts
xxWICKEDxx said:
i sanded mine down and used krylon paint and alot of clear coat, you could also use automotive paint at a higher price or even vinyl dye would work on softer surfaces without cracking, the key is in the prep work if you dont prep it correctly it will show in the end so sand it till your fingers go numb lol, good luck! :tup:
:werd: I've seen some awesome rattle can paint jobs that they went over again with a clear coat. With good prep work you can make up for slackin on the paint quality.

· Registered
383 Posts
97v8 said:
wow, camber that's a awesome dash. Also for the guy lookin for dash ideas check out the thread of the 56 bel air dash swap into a first gen s10
If I am thinking of the same truck as you I think it was a '56 ford dash.

· Registered
685 Posts
ladyexplicit said:
:O i love your dash! just like me.. you took the time to take the instrument cluster apart and paint everything. I took mine apart, and got right down and painted the background of the gauges.. and the needles.. and i may have set the odometer back while i was at it ;).. but shhh.. dont tell my insurance company! :D
You probably made your premium higher doing that. Less miles usually means nicer vehicle.

21 - 40 of 334 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.