S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my b&m shifter in my truck today and i must say it rules. Special thanks to Zac who made it a bit easier.

I like the one that comes with the b&m kit, but i think i'm gonna change to something else. If you have some sort of aftermarket shiftknob and have a pic of it, please post it up here...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Glad you like it. Gotta just let you know that any new knob you get shoud be solid. If you put a hollow knob on the B&M it will amplify gear and tranny noise. I have a pretty good looking carbon fiber knob, but it's hollow and it makes allot of noise. When I put my solid aluminum knob on the noise went away. You could always crank up the tunes to drown out the gear noise.

One way to try this is, while you're driving cup your hand over the knob with your finger tips on the knob. You'll hear what I'm talking about.

Glad I could help with the install instructions. Hope it went smooth.

·
Registered
444 Posts
OOPS!

Forgot to post a pic of the knob I have on mine if you haven't already seen it. It came with plastic thread adapter inserts but none would fit so I wrapped duct tape around the stick threads till I had a snug fit. Then I used the allen type set screws to secure it.

Attachments

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats a good lookin one. I think i may get something like that bc it has a better grip. I really like the one that came with it. The billet B&M logo is sweet.

How long did it take to break yours in? Mine went in Friday and its still pretty stiff, but I guess it will take a few more days.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It took 2 or 3 days before it didn't feel as stiff as it did when I first put it in. It just clicks from gear to gear now. I found that if I try to make fast shifts from 2nd to 3rd by moving the stick sideways myself I often blow the shift. If I just push the shifter up it automatically goes into 3rd. I had a hard time getting used to that at first but now I don't even think about it.

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
B&M Shifter!

AWESOME!

I can't wait untill I can get mine!!!!!!!:evilg: :bowdown: :rock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts