S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2001 s-10 ext cab with a solid glass rear window and a solid fiberglass cap with a solid front window. Rumor has it there is some kind of "seal" that will seal up the gap between the cap and the cab so i could remove the rear windows..this is what i hear from the other mini truckers at school. is there any truth to this??? any info on where to get it or part numbers?? it would be great if it was true.......well thanx for teh help and good luck:confused: :confused: :confused: :thumbup:

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome info, i have a 4 wheel parts supply shop and a truck cap atore right outside my house.... ill check it out...sweet thanx again:thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey,
I have one on my truck and it works great. Does not leak at all (which suprised me). Got it at the local topper place.

Talk to you later, Scott

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey yonkers

do you have one that seals the whole window or just the slider part because i want to remove my windows all together???? and how did it install?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey,
Mine just covers the slider part. There are two styles. Mine is a clear intertube that you partially inflate put inplace then inflate the rest of the way. Then there is another style that I do not know much about...it is like a rubber/foam thing I guess....the guy at the topper place was telling me of it but himself did not know much about it.

Sorry I could not tell you more on the 2nd style.

Scott

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey man thanx for the info...i saw the style you have but unfourtunetly i have solid windows in my cap and my truck so i couldnt use that one, ill go to the cap place wehn its open tomarrow and see what they have.. i really appreciate all the help

--sean--

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Blowthrough i believe is the correct name. most people do this with caps, they'll remove the window, or actually cut the back wall and bed, almost looking like a blazer. then there is a rubber boot that gets glued in between. i do not know of any websites, but you may want to try a new post asking about "blowthroughs" to see if you get more responses. and if you don't want to keep the glass, put it up for sale, many want to buy solid rear glass.

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blowthroughs huh?? hey ill try and post a new thread everythings worth the shot...and thanx for the idea with the glass going up for sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts