S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me the approx. length of upper links for a triangulated 4-link? I know that they are all gonna be different (depending on where they are mounted) but I can get them made, just not sure what length to go with.

My truck is all torn apart so I cant really measure and estimate.

they need to go from a bracket on the pumpkin to the gastank crossmember. Much like the KP kit or many others.

they will have threaded ends so i just need a measurement to start with.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey first impressions, this is off topic. I was in Kelowna this summer for some holidays and I think I saw your truck, do you live fairly close to the lake? I saw a sonoma sitting out front of a house a few times, I rolled buy and checked it out. If it's yours it's a nice looking truck.

Regards

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? i live sorta close to the lake. but in a cul-de-sac.
right near the college.

oh wait a minute. was it near the hospital? because thats where my g/f parents live and thats near the lake. was the truck sitting on the ground? (its silver btw)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not to sure if it was close to the hospital. I don't know my way around Kelowna all that well, we stayed at Hiawatha RV Park when we were there, it was fairly close to that. Yep the truck was silver and it was laid out.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep that was mine then! there are only like 4 trucks with bags around here. and 3 of them are in my club. the other one is this full size and the guy owns this truck shop.

Im still the only one that can hop though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cool, it's a nice truck. If I would have had mine with me I prolly wolud have knocked on the door and said hey! lol..We were driving the wiffs car though... Damn hot there though..it was 38 freaking degrees there the one day!!

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
next time your comin down let me know! well go for a cruise

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
um.. I thought you wanted to know the length of the upper bars, not have a family reunion...no just playin'. I'll go measure my link bars from FBI and will get the measurements to you.
Chris

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, its pretty rare to have someone on the forum anywhere near Kelowna.

Ive been trying to guesstimate the length that I need but Im not sure about what angle the diff/driveshaft should be at.
Are your upper links welded to the axle or to a diff bracket? Mine will be going to the diff.

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
they should be about 80% of the length of the bottom bars. That's just an average though. Draw the bars on paper and you can see the difference in arc to see the pinion change.
later

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If you want a properly setup 4 link, go see if your library has a book called 'Chassis Engineering' It has a very nice section on properly setting up a 4 link, as well as a complete description on what they do. You shouldn't base your design off the design of others, because each setup should be custom, if you are doing it yourself anyway.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
library? what the hell is that? haha

that book sounds like it belongs on my wish list...

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where can I find one of those things that measures pinion angle? and how do I use it? im not totally sure

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice, so about 50bucks for me. j/k I think I am gonna go get one.

What is it called?

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gonna go get one tonight, hopefully. What is the pinion angle supposed to be at? And where is the best place to mount it when checking the angle?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts