S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AKA: Steve_S.
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are RollPans Legal in IL

I just ordered a 2002 Extended Cab S-10 LS 4.3L Manual. I allready ordered clear corners and want to order a bold on steel rollpan from SirMicheals and I wanted to know if it is legal in Illinois. Or if anyone in IL has gotten tickets for this. Honestly i think i will put it on regardless but i hated getting pulled over in my last S-10 for things like (OFFICER: " I pulled you over because your trailer ball hitch was blocking your sticker" ME: " Its welded to my bumper , the ball, what do you want me to do about it"?.

Can you belive he used that as a reason to pull me over. Becasue my factory trailer hitch was imparing his view of my license plate sticker. What the hell!...

But i never once got a ticket, only a warning for broken licensplate light and tint, which were fixed the next day.

I wanted to try to smooth out my new s-10 with shaved handles/and tailgate. weldin rollpan and flushmount hardtop.

ThankYou for any Help !!!

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
i got pulled over right before i had my pan welded on. the cop told me i had to have something on the back whether it be a bumper or a roll pan. haven't had any trouble since. don't know how this would apply to IL as i live in IN.

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
Roll Pan...................!

WELOCME to the Board IL
Shabuiman ........... They Should be LEgal........ In IL....!
I have seen trucks with the factory Close out Panel and other designs......tooooooooooooo
....on Gm and Dodge trucks In IL.....!

Where in IL are you........... ?
I am across the River from St.Louis.............!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I put my roll pan on probably 7 months ago and I haven't had any problems. I figured I'd just tell the cop that it's a factory option, which it is. I've seen some base s-10s with the "filler panel" around here, too. I'd just do it. Cops will find any reason they want to pull you over.

Jeff

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
I haven't had any problems & I've had mine for probably close to 6 months

·
AKA: Steve_S.
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figure it like this.... If its a GM part it can be installed by them, and they would not install a part on a car/truck that was illegal. So i figure it would be OK. Plus in IL i dont think you have to worry much. Just make sure you have License plate lights. I got a warning 4 that once
:eek:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts