S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok current does their wiring right? I was reading up on the site and saw that they do 2 different kind of wiring. They do the stand alone which is 750 for the lt1 which is not bad for a plug and play. but they also have the option of sending in the LT1s harness and they will convert it for your s-series. Does anyone know how long this will take? Also i have heard that you need 2 different computers for this swap. One from the lt1 and one from your truck. Is this true. if it is will i have to send in my wiring harness as well?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey redspeck what all did you have to send in for him to convert it? Did you send anything in or did you just have him make you a stand alone?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also while i am at it. I am thinking of buying some parts from them also. As in the fuel pump kit with the pump, sock, and throlttle cable. Are they good in getting stuff shipped out pretty early. As in not waiting for a month for parts?

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
call jared and talk to him. the info sheet was just basically info about your truck, info about the donor engine, and stuff like that. as far as lees part...i don't know. i tried to call him every day last week to order an oil pan but he would never return my call. then i finally called jared at the end of the week only to find out that lee was on a cruise all last week. he didnt know when he was getting back either. i hope his shipping is great because i really need my oil pan quick.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome thanks alot red. O hey got anypics of the LS1 setup yet? Where did you get your donor engine from and how much it cost ya if you dont mind me asking?

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
i'll post some pics later today. the engine is a 2000 trans am engine with the t56. to my door it was right at 4 grand. expect to spend at least another 2 on parts and everything. its best if you go with a 98-99 so the manifolds will work. if not, just buy some manifolds for it. they're not really expensive. i picked mine up off a guy on ls1.com. most of those guys have switched to longtubes or something like that anyways so they just have the stock ones laying around.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
i got my lt1 harness from speedscenewireing.com there kick ass ask for zack i sent them my 2.2 harness and the vette computer got a new 100% plug and play harness not one splice for anything pluged right into the fuse box as if it were stock and they reprogramed my computer as well took 3 weeks to get it back i have delt with lees high tech and they are pretty flaky at times you might be waiting 6 mos for your harness hell i had to wait 7 weeks for a tranny xmember that i never got just eneded up getting my money back

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Wow.. First off, let's clear the air.
I am no longer associated with Lee's High Tech Trucks. We are 2 separate companies. I make wiring harnesses, he builds trucks and makes parts. How he does business is different than myself. Until I can get my website finished, I share his, but that is as far as our sharing goes.
2nd... A stand alone harness is for putting an engine in anything you want. It is not designed specifically for the S-10, it is a generic harness like you would get from Painless with a few differences, and it is $650. I will also modify a single engine harness to be stand alone as described above for $350. I will not however, splice engine harnesses together to make one. This creates a lot of breakage possibilities if any of the splices get weak, it also makes tracing any wires difficult in the future when colors get spliced together, and lastly, it usually just looks like ass and I don't want my name on it.

The plug-n-play harness is completely custom and built from scratch based on the information you give me. It is designed to plug right in to the engine and the vehicle with little or no splicing on your end. Usually the only splicing involved is the electric fans. These harnesses are designed to make all of the factory truck electronics work, the ABS, Cruise Control, Gauges, etc. etc. They include fan relays, an A/C fan relay, a Tach recalibration module when required, and any other components needed to make it as seamless of an install as possible.
If you do not want these things, and you want to run aftermarket gauges, no ABS, no A/C, things like that, then the harness is still made to suit. The custom harnesses are usually around $750, and turn around time varies. I am just a one horse show right now, so I am the designer, builder, sales, customer support, and so on, turn around time varies depending on how busy I am.

So in the end, all I ask is PLEASE stop thinking of Current Performance Wiring and Lee's High Tech Trucks as one company. And anyone feel free to email or call with any questions.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jared i want to thank you again for the help you gave me on the phone and gave me an understanding on Lee and his prices.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts