S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting some LED's in my tail gate, but I dont know how easy its going to be. How hard will it be to weld in the buckets with out being able to access the back side to weld on the back? How hard will it be to run the wires through the inside of the gate, Is it possible to run them through the inside of the gate, or are there supports in the way? thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have put caddies in my tailgate and i didnt have a problem wiring them up, and the caddies are a lot deeper then the LED buckets. u shouldnt have a problem, everyone else who has put them on their tailgate hasnt seemed to have a problem. good luck

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about welding, will welds fromt he front hold them in ok, or do I need to find some way to weld from the back too?

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
i have LEDs in my roll pan, we just glued em in. they haven't moved at all and theyve been there for 7 months. but with my LEDs you have to weld bolts on the inside, then you just put the bolts through the buckets. of course you have to cut holes for the lenses n shit...but you shouldnt have to do TOO much welding..you'll probably have to cut out the backside of the tailgate though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts