S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying a set of the LED bulbs for my tail lights and now my blinker goes so fast I'm afraid I'll have a seizure if I stare at it too long. Is this from the LED drawing less or more current? Any one know of a blinker that's works with these bulbs?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah... LED's have less resistance and the stock flasher is based on load, so what I believe you need is an electronic flasher which is based on a time interval, not load. I just replaced my flashers w/ electronic ones and tomorrow I'm installing a few LED's so I'll let you know how it works out.

BTW, you can get the electronic flashers for $8 at autozone and they are a round one w/ 2 prongs (a ef-12 or 102 i believe). And so you know, there are 2 of them, one for the turn signals and one for the emergency flashers. The one for the turn signal is easy to get to... the turn signal one is behind the clutch in a panel w/ some other sockets, and the emergency one is underneath the radio, but you need to take the dash apart to get to it. The only reason I replaced that one was because I still had the dash apart from putting in my alarm (kind of a pain to get to).

DogP

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I'll pick one of them up tomorrow. That's a pretty cheap fix at any rate. Wanted to fix that before I did the LEDs up front. I really like the how they look on the tail lights.

K

·
0 Posts
yea..i put LEDS in the tails on my truck...and it blew every freakin fuse i had....you know what would cause that??!

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure there. Jump up about 5 amps on your fuse. If it's still blowing them, I'd start looking for another reason. They do seem to draw more current than bulbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts