S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past two weeks i put a k+n intake, borla xr-1 race muffler with mandrel bent 2.5" piping, accel dist. cap+rotor, accel 8.8mm wires, and bosch platinum plugs on my 2002 S10 with a 4.3 and 4l60e. All computers have stock programming. The fuel system was cleaned roughly 5000 miles ago.

My question here is that whenever I hit the throttle and the tranny doesn't shift the rpm's jump up to where they used to but then drop by 300-500 rpms. If the tranny does shift the motor revs up just fine. Does this sound like fuel issue or just the automatic equivalent to throttling a stick shift that is in too high of a gear? Maybe just the byproduct of less back-pressure??

Secondly if it is a fuel issue would reprogramming the computer eliminate the problem or would I have to upgrade the hard parts of the fuel system.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Go back to ACDelco plugs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go back to ACDelco plugs.

The bosh plugs will actually cause this issue? I did all the ignition upgrades the prior week and it didn't affect anything with the factory exhaust and intake. I've heard of the bosh +4's scorching cylinder walls but i put in the baseline single electrode platinums.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I didn't say that..but I do know that alot of people really hate anything BUT ACDelco plugs. If it ain't broke don't fix it, and ACDelco plugs ain't broke.

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
bosch platinum plugs are shit, run the recommended ac delco plugs and never look back

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also have that exact issue on my 02 4.3 with an auto. I am the original owner and it happened since the day it was purchased. I suspect the torque converter but im not sure. If anyone is interested i can make a little video to sow the tack when it happens, because i have wondered the same thing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have that exact issue on my 02 4.3 with an auto. I am the original owner and it happened since the day it was purchased. I suspect the torque converter but im not sure. If anyone is interested i can make a little video to sow the tack when it happens, because i have wondered the same thing.
Is the drivetrain stock or modified because I've only had this issue since the upgrades were installed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is the drivetrain stock or modified because I've only had this issue since the upgrades were installed.
Well i bought the truck and drove it home, no more that 30 minutes after it got home I installed my K&N FIPK. Next morning i drove it to my exhaust shop and had a cat back installed (left factory y pipe). I cant recall it happening on the way home exactly or the very first time it happend exactly i might not have noticed as it was a new vehicle to me but I cant remember it not happening.

That all said I can't see how these mods could possibly effect the trany in this way.

I also purchased a Hyperteck PP3 within the first month and programed in "improved shift firmness". I do recall that after i programed it i was paying extra attention to how the truck was acting (seat dyno when you get something new) and I felt it happen. I put the stock programing back and drove around and had the same problem.

So i re-programed it and have 100k on the clock with no trouble arising from this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any chance it feels like the tranny slips when shifting gears through a corner. Mine has what feels like a momentary slip whenever you enter a corner and it shifts. Same thing when pulling a hill slowly. Straight line it has never once had a hiccup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts