S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My leaf springs seem to squeak alot of my 98 s-10 extended cab ls. They are stock springs. Any idea of why its doin this, it does it at low speeds and over bumps and stuff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
are you using lowering blocks?

if you do, i had the same problem, the only way is to re-torque all the bolts, also check the bushings on the leafs, because they are old and cheap, mine were really cracked, but most of the squeaking is from the block moving on the leafs, make sure especially to re-torque the U-bolts, try to use a torque wrench, and if your using nylon nuts, check them they tend to back up (they get old)

:hitit:

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Check your U bolt nuts right now! If they are loose you are driving a death trap and nothing sucks like a funeral! Especially when it is your own. Then if everything else looks cool get a can of spray lithium grease (you can't use this in place of your lithium pills, I tried and it doesn't work!) and spray some on the shackles and into the bushings as good as you can. If this doesn't help you are beyond my limited experience.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i am using lowering blocks. They are fine, they were tightened with an air gun, lol, so i know they are tight.

·
Registered
253 Posts
when? you should re check them about every 100 mile for the first 500, then every 500, I had to do it too...

nylon nuts, lose the grip, and if they overthight (you said they used air gun) they will strip the nylon...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i have gone liek 800 miles since we put the blocks on. I guess i will have to check them tomorrow. thanks for the help I don't think i am using nylon nuts

·
Registered
253 Posts
they are the locking nuts included with the set of blocks, just look in the inside, do they have a plastic film inside the threads.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am pretty sure they don't have that plastic film, i know what lockin nuts are, its past midnight though and i ain't gonna run out to my truck. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts