S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I need a little advice. I'm looking to do a 2/3 and I'm wondering to myself. "Self, what would be better? 3 inch drop leaf springs, or 3 inch drop blocks?" Anyone have any answers that I could offer myself?

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I would prefer to go leafs myself, but for cost reasons, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going with blocks :D

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I lowered my truck 2/3 two weeks ago, I got the belltech spindles+blocks+shocks kit, if you get the blocks first you are not out much money if you want to go to leafs.
Since there aren't any performance leafs available anymore (hotchkis 3" lowering leafs) I figure the stock leafs with blocks would handle better because they are stiffer.
ANYONE DISAGREE WITH THIS IDEA????
so I think if you want better handling go with the blocks and if you want a softer ride go with the leafs.

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do the blocks compare, ride, longevity, handling wise to the leafs?

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
i'd get leafs. the ride might be a touch better with leafs and the handling is the same. If you have the money leafs is a better choice cause that way if you decide to go lower you can add blocks. also i dont like blocks because you can see them from certain angels and that bothers me.

By the way my best bud moved down to SLO and is goin to skool. where you guys cruise at?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
it doesnt really matter....leafs i guess is more "professional"? i dunno both really the same...good thing with blocks is it doesnt change mounting distances on the shocks like leafs do and i like the look of the suspension being lower from behind thats my opinion anyway.....as far as handling it doesnt really matter i guess blocks if u like your handling now...and for ride that just depends on the shocks....mine rides stiff with the nitro-drops but thats the way i like it....dont have to worry about axle wrap....

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your friend go to Cal Poly or Cuesta? What's his name? I actually know a couple folks from Oregon.
My truck has the sport suspension. I really like the way my truck rides now. I'm leaning toward blocks. I'm a super poor college student and don't have lots of money for expensive leafs. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Self Portrait
1,634 Posts
If your poor your only choice is blocks and as long as you don't abuse them they should last until you get out of college and get a real job. What curriculum are you in?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
blocks are fine. i have a 6 inch drop with 3 inch leafs and 3 inch blocks and run slicks and ran 11s and 12s on them its fine. dont overtorque them and you'll be fine. just put them in and when you have money if you want get leafs, but ive never had no problems with blocks on any of the vehicles ive done

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in mechanical engineering. I'm only a sophmore. great school. I love this place, but it is so SLO!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts