S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
LOL

Cut the hump off the control arm, modify the balljoints, um... that's all I know of... I think there's something else though.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Someone explained it the other day... It was something like you take it apart, grind off these welds or rivets or something holding it together inside, angle it, then weld it back.... something like that.

·
Laid Out Daily Dragger
878 Posts
Yah, they arnt that expencive and it saves alot of hassle. But, thats just my opinion. :)

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Ok i just did a set of control arms this past weekend for a bd truck. he is layin on a 24in diameter tire. all i did was cut about 1.5 in from the point where the lca bolts up and cu to about 1 in from the ball joint. i did this to both sides of the arm. i did not modify to ball joint at all. we then just welded a flat plate back over the cut part. i will try to get you a pick by thurs. i do have to warn you i have not yet finished the grinding down so they do look a little sloppy but we put en on and it works great and it lays

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
i have a set of stock arms that lay out on 22s.....let me know if you are interested cause i am looking to sell them

·
RUSTHOLYUM
2,792 Posts
Im kinda interested in the lowers only...im only rollin 18"s and dont plan on anything larger....(yet)...and dont feel like hackin my frame up or spendin a load on arts.....work me out a deal Low_huh......(wouldnt happen to be leets would they)?

·
I like mine with no shine
52 Posts
You can get away with ART lowers only. Thats what I'm running on mine right now. I'm going to buy uppers too, but I just needed to get my frame flat on the ground for now

Anyways, what you do with the lower control to modify it to lay is; you take and cut off the balljoint, then you move it up and reweld it on with proper gusseting and what not. Last thing you want is for it to break right? and this will keep your ball joint from binding and let the spindle move up higher before the control arm hits on the frame. I'm not sure how much it needs to be moved up, best bet is to tack it on and do a test fit. Make sure the balljoints don't bind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts