S-10 Forum banner

Layin frame

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Truckasaurus 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of or seen an S10 layin frame without a c-notch or a step notch? Or even layin frame just with a small c-notch.:bash:

#2 ·
I'm going to do mine without a notch first... But I can guarantee its not going to lay out, because I'm putting 18's on it...

I'm not sure even a bolt in notch would let it lay down...

we'll see though.

BTW: are you in denver CO??? because I've been lookin for a custom shop.... Do you know of any decent ones around?

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I actually decided to do a full step notch so I'll be able to lay frame with out any problems.

I am in Denver. My best friend and his buddy are actually helping me do my truck. They've done two already for himself and is working on his third. Both of his trucks have been in MiniTruckin so he does do good work, the only thing he doesnt do is weld, his buddy is a body/paint man he does that for us. He painted my truck and shaved off a few things for me as well. His business name is Wilson Concepts, he works by himself, but he has his own shop with a paint booth. He's on Santa Fe south of Evans on the west side.

Let me know if you want to see my truck and I'll get some pics.

Let me know what your doing about lowering because I know a guy that wants to get rid of some bags that have never been used

#4 ·
I've actually got an air ride kit on the way.... and I'm going to install it myself.

i can't weld either, but My dad owns a body shop in Aurora, so I'm going to have a bodyman weld the notch if I decide to put one in. I don't know if a bolt on will get me as low as I'd like, but we'll see.
I've got a few body mods too (obviously :bash: ) but I'm going to do more when I have some time.

I might stop by his shop one of these days, seems everyone here is all about 4X4's and I haven't been able to find a good shop yet.

go ahead and post some pics

#6 ·
a customers truck i put tires on it had a 2.5 notch like mine and he layed frame

tires were 205 40 17 all around

ive done 3 trucks with 225 35 18 and they lay frame no cuttin front fenderwells either
u can lay frame no problem but tires are a issue. many of the guys that are laying frame have tires that are 25-26 inces tall. well if you can stick to a tire under 25 inches tall in front it will lay for sure in rear also but you have to have a diameter of 24/5. with a reg c notch and that size tire you will be fine

tony

#16 ·
i m running 225 40 18 and i lay frame with bolt n c notch the notch is on the axle when i do its a real pain in the ass u cant ride low in the back and when u do layout it still looks high in the back wish i would have just got the 8 inch notch to begin with cause ima have to redo it now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.