S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i went into work today and got the cab ready to be painted. i got it all wetsanded and i am planing on painting it this week. anywayz after i got it all washed down and everything i finally snapped some pics of it. i got all the door jambs done and behind the cab and in front of the bed all painted and cleared. i dont know how to resize them without the picture getting smaller. so here is a link to my gallery. the pics i am refereing to are the last ones on page 4 and and the ones on page 5. you cant miss them
pics

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
sweet... I had thought of doin the caddies horizontally in my tailgate but wasn't sure how it'd look... I'd still rather do them the typical vertical style, but i'm not sure if you can on a stepside....

anyway... how hard was it to weld in and smooth out the filler plates? I wanna do my own but I still have to learn to weld and was wondering how hard it was...

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
Looks great....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice man, is that sunset orange?
thats exactly what the color is. i fell in love with this color when i saw it on the hummer and i had to use for my truck. as soon as i layed out the color in the jambs i kind of wanted to paint the entire truck in that color but i decided to keep the two tone theme going on. and the other reason i picked it was becuz i have done all this work to my truck and then to go with some kind of white or red or something just wouldnt be enough for my truck. i had to pick something different, that u dont normally see on a s10
anyway... how hard was it to weld in and smooth out the filler plates? I wanna do my own but I still have to learn to weld and was wondering how hard it was...
not hard at all but then again i know how to weld and i have access to all the tools and everything needed to do it. i work at my uncles bodyshop. i wouldnt suggest trying to weld the first time on your filler plates cuz u can warp the metal if u get it oo hot. if your going to tackle it yourself, then i would practice welding on some other stuff before u try it on your truck. just my 2 cents

·
Black/Green Billet Sheen.
1,063 Posts
sweet man, it is such a great color....I am either going with that or nissan volcanic orange (its only on the new sentras)

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
OnESickDiME,

thanks fo' the advice... I plan on taking classes soon to get a little experience....

How hard is it to pick up body work? I'd like to be able to do all, or as much prep work as I can before having the ol dime painted. I'd paint the mofo myself if I had access to the tools and someone experienced so as to keep me from goofing up.

Heh... might try to see if a local tech school offers classes on that too.... damn.... I'ma be in school my whole life... WTF am I taking CS again?

Anyway, that is a sweet color too... can't wait to see some finished pics

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How hard is it to pick up body work?
it depends how often and if u have the right tools to do the job right. if u have some blocks u may be able to give it a shot. your going to HAVE to have a compressor so when u grind off all the welds. if u would like any pointers or anything more advice hit me up and ill be willing to help you out

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Looks good I say you should of stayed with a verticle caddy light but still looks awsome.

Ozzy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts