S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 4 month of HP laptop running Vista. It was perfectly fine yesterday, but today it has crashed once and ever since then it locks up about 10-30 min. after Windows has loaded up. I've ran Avast anti-virus and nothing. Any idea what I could use to get this fixed?

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha funny, never looked at it on here.

I got it from HP Homestore. I bought a 3yr. warranty, but don't want to send it off if I can fix it myself.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok will do, I don't think I could do anything to void this warranty though it includes accidental damage on my part.

·
DeXtreme on 20/22's
4,494 Posts
ok will do, I don't think I could do anything to void this warranty though it includes accidental damage on my part.
ya, i purchased the same 3 year warranty from best buy on my gateway. thank god too, my son decided to see if he could close it with a rubber ball in it and broke the screen and casing.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shit that came in handy. Our last laptop's motherboard messed up three times, twice under warranty and once after. The board was going to cost $200 so the warranty is worth the money.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had me restart the computer and press F10 then when that screen came up he had me go to something that had a quick scan and a full scan. Quick lasted 5 min and full was 45. He just had me do a quick scan. When it was done it said "Replace Hard Disk"

·
Sneaky White Person
9,765 Posts
why pay for the warranty if you don't want to use it? :screwy:

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got everything I need backed up on a jump drive. I also have all the system restore discs.

I meant I didn't want to have to send the computer off, wait for it to get there, wait for them to fix it, and wait to get it back. I know when we had a problem w/ our Dell a local guy came out and fixed it for free. HP is sending me a new HD and it'll be here on Monday so that's a lot quicker than having to send it in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts