S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Howdy folks, new(ish) member. Picked up an 87 long bed, 2.8 auto 2wd, w/ 45k mi and all stock! I was a member back in the earlier 2ks. I've had maybe a dozen s-series over the years from 83-03 and about every configuration. Some dailys others full swap. I've owned many projects like a dakota, speed6, firebird, jeep, you name it. Currently also own a mustang gt and an explorers st.

Anywho, I picked this immaculate one with a project in mind, but it is so clean and runs strong not sure i have the heart to put a wrench to it.

So hi from central pa!

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
1,341 Posts
Wow, that is one clean little truck. I dont think I could find it in me to modd it either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice truck! I don't agree with above posts. Stock is cool but mod it if you want to. It's still just an s10.
I'm very much on the fence. If I do anything it'll be a weird swap. I like the idea of a light weight twin turbo v6. GM turbo 6 motors in rwd are hard to source other than caddy's, so it would probably be some other brand from a full donner.

With the power I've squeezed out of my 1.4 renegade and a big turbo, and the pickup I see out of my explorer, I think it would would be neat without all the front end weight in the truck.

·
Been there Done it
10,984 Posts
Great find.
I vote wax it and drive it. That would be way less common then a modded S10. They're a dime a dozen and worth a dime. Yours will increase in value. Bet you could get $10K as is.
Loose the aftermarket bed rails. Even the PO couldn't resist doing something to "improve" it.

41,612 Posts
I'm very much on the fence. If I do anything it'll be a weird swap. I like the idea of a light weight twin turbo v6. GM turbo 6 motors in rwd are hard to source other than caddy's, so it would probably be some other brand from a full donner.

With the power I've squeezed out of my 1.4 renegade and a big turbo, and the pickup I see out of my explorer, I think it would would be neat without all the front end weight in the truck.
That would be very cool. You could have the best of both worlds and leave the body and just do suspension, brake, wheel/tire and a drivetrain swap.

[email protected]

·
Been there Done it
10,984 Posts
There are dealers selling 150K CC's for $8500 across the country every day. I'd rather have an 87 with 1/3 of the miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great find.
I vote wax it and drive it. That would be way less common then a modded S10. They're a dime a dozen and worth a dime. Yours will increase in value. Bet you could get $10K as is.
Loose the aftermarket bed rails. Even the PO couldn't resist doing something to "improve" it.
Once the weather warms up I certainly will be doing this in the least. I picked it up right before the snow last year and plan to take it to cruises at the least.

·
Been there Done it
10,984 Posts
Most modded S10's sell for half what the builder has invested, if that.
I sold my 454 87 S10 for what I had in it. Before the LS craze BTW.
That was when I was helping out a friend who owned a junkyard. Got the truck, the trans, radiator, interior, rearend, wheels, most everything else like brake lines, hoses, belts, all the small stuff that adds up, free. And I was happy to break even.

·
Been there Done it
10,984 Posts
Pays to have friends in low places.
With all the free stuff I had $5K in it and that's what I got for it. Did have to buy tires, gaskets, fluids, stuff like that new. Sorry I didn't keep the receipts to prove it 15 years later. Still have the GTA wheels. Put some 2wd Blazer wheels on before selling it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts