S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 02 s-10 ext cab and are about to install lambo doors any one done this on there truck and if you have can you give me some tips and suggestion on installation i am installing protocol hinges there like the auto loc hinge thanks if you have email me at [email protected] thanxs scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have them on my civic hatch. You will like them. if they are anything like my civic you take the fender off and unbolt the factiry hinges and then bolt up the lambo hinges and adjust the stopper and then open the door and hold it up in the lambo position and then put the strut in. my Aim is joshluvsali if you need any help

·
vertically challenged
88 Posts
SHORTYSDROP said:
My cousin built his own for $50. The best advice I can give you is have plenty of help when installing the doors and struts.
I've had some inquiry about this so I thought I'd set the record straight.

The $50 covered the cost of struts alone, the steel cost and cost to have it laser cut was a deal of a friend, who runs a steel fab shop. If you were to buy the steel, have it cut, and weld up the hinge design yourself I'd say expect around $100-150. I posted originally to get people motivated to do their own work, its not all that hard. Even if you had to pay a friend to use their tools or weld something it'd be worth it. We are minitruckers we build what we drive.

So to answer the question will I build you some hinges? No, sorry.

Shorty

·
Registered
509 Posts
you should get that lsd kit completly bolt on for like 1500

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
new2bags said:
I have them on my civic hatch. You will like them. if they are anything like my civic you take the fender off and unbolt the factiry hinges and then bolt up the lambo hinges and adjust the stopper
this wouldnt work on our dimes because the stock hinges are welded, not bolted but possibly could knock out the door pin and gring the original hinges off.......... very time consuming and as long as you dont weaken the area too much

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
best way to do it is to take the front fenders off and tape the doors to the car, take out the old hinges and put in the new. that is the way mine where supposed to be done but a stubborn shop had to do it there own way when i wasnt there. so i had to take them off and redo them without any guidelines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When i was looking for my lambo door kit, i messed up and bought one of the cheap kits on ebay. a friend and i set out to install them and ya, it was a nightmare. the kit was garbage and the whole cutting the fender and frame of the car was not something i was able to do. about 6 months later i saved up and bought a really good brand, VDI. I got my kit from eikon motorsports and it came with the installation. best investment ive made for sure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.