S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kpcomponents.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=BO4LC-07|0

Just thought I'd pass this along for you guys to look at. (Sorry if this is a repost)

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
uses stock perches that are lower than the frame, grossly uneven bar lengths, 5-bolt diff bracket, no provisions to raise the gas tank, no supplied gussets to reinforce the rail above the bag.

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
AVTekk said:
uses stock perches that are lower than the frame, grossly uneven bar lengths, 5-bolt diff bracket, no provisions to raise the gas tank, no supplied gussets to reinforce the rail above the bag.
hit the nail on the head, many times.

·
Registered
687 Posts
dagreenmonster said:
It looks pretty, but like dave says, im sure it has plenty of faults
I dont think dave was refering to that kit, he was refering to the previous post about the s10 kit!

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
AVTekk said:
The first one I can go with...but see below on the gas tank issue

Uneven bar lengths? If you're referring to upper vs lower, sure, but in any case, pinion angle change is very minimal at the ride height level... sure the difference is great from laid out to full lift, but who adjusts the backend like that while driving?? not many, if any

5-bolt diff bracket - Using lockwashers and some blue loctite, no bolts should back out. On top of that, under acceleration, the axle rotates backwards, thus putting pressure on the diff bracket, not wanting to tear it off... using 5 bolts is just fine. Just because you guys make one with 10 doesn't make the KP one lesser quality or engineering. I had my bags mounted on that diff bracket when I first got the KP kit for well over a year and never had a bolt back out, and I didn't even use loc tite... just the lockwashers the kit came with.

No gas tank raising - As KP as stated on a few occasions on this board many many moons ago, this kit was not designed to be thrown on then dragged. It was a kit made to get you on the ground with minimal tools and suspension knowledge.. it wasn't meant for a daily dragger.

No supplied gussets - Not really a downfall of the 4 link itself... however, yes, it would be nice of them to cut some gussets to throw in the box as well.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
AVTekk said:
Dont forget about the rear bar mounting spots hanging way down. If you drive with the front maxed and the tail on the floor like everyone around here then it drags.

I regret buying my 6-link now.
Art at Go-Ez customs hyped up the 6-link like it was the best thing that hit the
s-10.

Oh how wrong he was.. :ripped: :bawl:

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
looks good... as stated.. not designed to be thrown on and go draggin.. i love my 6link.. Rides excellent. Bolts up like it should. Never had problems with bolts backing out. Good kit to go from ride height to laid out.. like at a show.. driving and adj. suspension.. ehhh there was a good amount of pinion angle change

hell i like it so much i made my backhalf of my b/d around the 6link.. just to make it work!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ya good call, you can drag on the rear mounts with the front up..the kit is fine for what it is but ive had to fix/maintain a lot of them (and similar kits) so they could be impoved. they even have a 10bolt cover on that ranger kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts