S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my KP 4link install. IMO, it is a really badass kit, im diggin it, took us about 4 hours to install. new pics of it totally done will be posted up soon after i get some. Lataz

and here is just a pic of the dime chillin like a villin

lata foo's

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
You may wanna put some anti sieze on the threads, if you didn't already, because I didn't and now i can't get my rod ends off the 4 link bars.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks good. How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
so on a 4link the bags go on top the axle and the 6link the bags go behind the rear axle? and im guessing its all bolt-on, correct?

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt, we are painting the whole rear clip before its done, I did do antiseize on the threads, not very far up just on the very ends of it. It was a little bit under retial, (b/c i sell them) but retail is $525 shipped..yes its all bolt on...your right, the dif bracket DOES come very very close to the airbag, BUT, I used differant bolts than what they sent, i used flat headed bolts, with the same nuts, works great and now i have plenty of room when the bag is deflated/inflated..yes its all bolt on and it was totally worth the $ its awesome... lata guys.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
ditto said:
so on a 4link the bags go on top the axle and the 6link the bags go behind the rear axle? and im guessing its all bolt-on, correct?
Almost...

A 4 link is just that, a 4 link, it holds the axle in place, among other small things. Where you put the bags is your choice. Over the axle, behind the axle, on the link bars (lever setup).

The kp '6 link' as it was coined cuz people are lazy, includes rear bars that the bags mount on making it a bolt-on lever setup.

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im ordering the lever setup this week, i think it looks way cleaner, plus i need a little xtra lift. :D here are some new pics.of today

basically, today we finished up some minor things, and took the spare tire Xmember off...and then cut the back of the notch off level with the frame...

peace out, should have some painted pics up tomarrow

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
SlammedDime said:
You may wanna put some anti sieze on the threads, if you didn't already, because I didn't and now i can't get my rod ends off the 4 link bars.

matt...not sure if you've been able to get your rod ends off or not, but if you haven't....

heat up the end of the bar w/a torch for a little bit, then try unscrewing them. they should come right off then.

·
Registered
747 Posts
sweet man lookin good i have the kp4link its a great setup i love it works well not a problem with it.. well good luck on the rest of the job

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Nice install. I am sure you seen my thread. I wish I could have installed mine in 4 hrs. Haaaa. Its over a mth and still not finished. But I am in rush at all. and don't work on it alot. But real nice. I love the truck too

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks alot mang..btw, hows that bag kit treatin ya?

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whatup, here are some pics from today on it..the link is all done just ****ing around on the frame...

I came into the garage and my brother wanted to cut the notch level with the frame, so i handed him the sawzall, and he went to town. I gotta get some flatstock and some argon tomarrow and then box in the bottoms..anyway, here are a few..

there is a pic of the truck all the way down, the axle easily goes to the top of the notch, i could tuck some pretty phatty wheels, i will never need that much, but its nice to have it...

godamm slackers

ive never seen such a bunch of slacking punks'

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aint pout any on yet..its all have to come off again..i decided to paint the shit off the truck

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have had the link done for awhile, but since im in the great state of ND, i dont have any plans to drive it anytime soon, we got 4" of snow last night.... I think im going to order up the cantilever attachment, because the forward upper bar brackets on the differential are real close to my bag..it doesnt hit, but its damn close...other than that its a nice kit..

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Resurrecting this one for one little question....on this 4-link where do the shocks mount to?? I knwo that my kit comes with shocks (like all of them) but do they mount to the stock shock mounts, or do I have to buy/fab some more? I hope they bolt up to the original spots....money is VERY tight right now.
Chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts