S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing the internet searching for a good set of wheels when I ran across this page.

http://www.minitruckinweb.com/features/0306mt_s10chevy/

That guy has a pretty awesome ride with nice set of KMC Condor's so I figured that I would give them a shot. Only problem is that on the few websites I've seent hat list a fitting chart for the condors they don't list the s10 as an option. I was wondering if they really would just bolt on, and if not what would have to be done to modify the truck so that they would bolt on.

Thanks for your time.

=X=

·
Red X on Air
293 Posts
Im not sure, but if they didnt, you would just have to get adapters for it.....dont they also come in a 8.5 inch width? Wouldnt that rub if you have a dropped X-dime 2/3?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah rubbing is my primary concern. That truck in the link is supposedly a daily driver so I'm not sure HOW he does it. What width wheel is recommended for 18's or 20's on an x?

=X=

·
Layin' 20s
1,268 Posts
one of my buddies has 18X9 condors on his X....it rubs like a biznitch when he goes to turn and the turning radius is now shi!t. but they look sweet!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only 2 things that I can think of are that 1) the guy from the link just has a shitty turning radius... and 2) His truck is not an X, and I was thinking that if it was on bags he could raise it quite a bit when he drove it and that might help.

=X=

·
vw user
311 Posts
if you want to bag it on 18 inch condors it won't lay because you can't use drop spindles with a 9 inch wide wheel. my buddy has some on his xtreme and it won't lay up front

·
Layin' 20s
1,268 Posts
fknlo said:
if you want to bag it on 18 inch condors it won't lay because you can't use drop spindles with a 9 inch wide wheel. my buddy has some on his xtreme and it won't lay up front
shutup john

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
GTO Pimpin'
1,004 Posts
I was just told that the 18x9's won't work. KMC did make 18x8.5's but they stopped making them. I got this information from a guy at Discount Wheel Warehouse (www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com), but that kinda pissed me off because those are the wheels that i wanted too. They also told me that they've tried to put them on an S-10, so i guess thats how they know it won't work. I have a 4/5 drop on my truck (they asked me if it was lowered or not and if it was an xtreme, which it's not, its an LS with the ZQ8 package). So he basically said that he recommends looking for another wheel. Hope this helps.

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
Fabian said:
Im not sure, but if they didnt, you would just have to get adapters for it.....dont they also come in a 8.5 inch width? Wouldnt that rub if you have a dropped X-dime 2/3?
I have 18x8.5 inch Panther Juice rims on my 2/3 dropped Xtreme and it only rubs at full turn. During normal turning it doesnt rub. I suggest you get smaller tires than mine though, I have 245/40/18s and they rub when I hit big bumps fast enough. I think they rub the wheelwell. Sometimes I smell burnt rubber when I rub them real good. Get 225 or 235 tires so they are smaller in height.

·
Registered
718 Posts
IceBreakerG said:
I was just told that the 18x9's won't work. KMC did make 18x8.5's but they stopped making them. I got this information from a guy at Discount Wheel Warehouse (www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com), but that kinda pissed me off because those are the wheels that i wanted too. They also told me that they've tried to put them on an S-10, so i guess thats how they know it won't work. I have a 4/5 drop on my truck (they asked me if it was lowered or not and if it was an xtreme, which it's not, its an LS with the ZQ8 package). So he basically said that he recommends looking for another wheel. Hope this helps.
that ebay link above is for 18.5 condors.....i think i'm gonna order a set.

·
vw user
311 Posts
the 18x9's will work, but not if you have drop spindles or plan on putting some on. they work fine if you are at stock height or just have drop coils. you won't be able to lay if you bag it w/o spindles. they may have made 18x8.5 ones in the past, but they don't now

·
GTO Pimpin'
1,004 Posts
fknlo said:
the 18x9's will work, but not if you have drop spindles or plan on putting some on. they work fine if you are at stock height or just have drop coils. you won't be able to lay if you bag it w/o spindles. they may have made 18x8.5 ones in the past, but they don't now
This is true. I have the 2" Belltech drop spindles, and 3" block in the back. Plus i have the ZQ8 package, so its like a 4/5 drop on my truck. But KMC does not make 18x8.5's anymore in the Condors. That really pissed me off cuz i wanted them :'o( Oh well, life goes on and i've found new wheels i like (Boyd Coddington's not tellin which ones :eek:p)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts