S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EXTENSIVE custom wiring behind the dash. I pulled it all out tonight to check for bad connections/grounds (still don't think i found the source of the problem)... but i cleaned it all up and took pics while the dash was out. Also, I started working around 8 and finished up around 1... so I pulled the dash, cleaned the wiring up, checked the grounds, some other shit, and put the dash back in... all in about 5 hrs working by myself

by the way, anyone think they can help with my problem? After I moved all the wiring be hind the dash (extending most of the harness... all by soldering and heat shrink) The truck seems to run perfect... but the transmission won't shift. On my guages, my tach and my oil pressure guages don't work. The Oil pressure guage reads as its pegged out, and the tach doesn't read anything at all. I'm sure i'll figure it out eventually... but if you guys think you know the problem i can try it out before i go research for the DETAILED wire diagrams.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
What year and engine truck? I can get you troubleshooting charts and detailed wiring diagrams, it just may be little bits at a time..how bout i help you fix the problem you help me come yank my dash out so I can change the heater core before i gets cold next year, since you're pretty quick at it :p (This is ChrisEK on the cflautoscene forum).

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
it appears to be a 94-97 model most likely to be a 4.3L also (am i right?:D )...... i believe you have a ground issue.....thats what it sounds like....the trans module AND trans plugs are plugged in?

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 98 4.3... That is the entire wire harness relocated behind the firewall/dash. all but 1 section of the harness is extended.

Hell yeah, if you can help me get this shit right... i'll come pull out your dash for sure! Its nothing once you know what you're doing. The first time i pulled it out i unplugged like 30 plugs that did hold the dash in :haha:

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Inferno Sonoma said:
Have you gone back through all the wires to make sure that they are all going to the right place? Maybe some got crossed..
I think so... everything looks right from what i can tell. Only thing that seems wrong with it is the oil pressure guage and tach. It is throwing a code and i keep meaning to go get it checked to see if it will help direct me to the problem

·
Usted huele como un asno
1,197 Posts
if you don't already do it, i highly reccomend disconnecting the battery when your not working on it. a few months ago i had a large diesil generator that burned it's wiring harness on my lunch break while i was in the process of splicing and repairing a few frayed wires while being dragged around iraq for year. i kinda laughed, and then proceeded to spend the next three day's making a whole new harness by hand. it was a bitch.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
BlackEsDime said:
I think so... everything looks right from what i can tell. Only thing that seems wrong with it is the oil pressure guage and tach. It is throwing a code and i keep meaning to go get it checked to see if it will help direct me to the problem
Yea, that might help :rolleyes: And I forgot to look today, damnit! tomorrow, im setting a reminder on my phone..

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
yea yea, excuses excuses...:p You could always hit walmart and get one of those cheap crappy ones that displays the 5 digit code only. After you're done it could always be returned as "defective". It will tell you the same thing advance will, except their will tell you the obdII code discription right there on the scanner.

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awesome... i just have to get a day off... next weekend my shop is planning on going to the year one show in atlanta... and i think i'm just going to stay home and take a break. so I should have thursday through sunday off... I'll have to update this later to confirm

·
Honest Abe's Fab Shoppe
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
4/22

are you on our forum? We keep that shit updated like whoa...

but, I go to school at 8 am and go straight to work and usually work till about 9 pm... so my time is pretty booked... and i tend to work weekends

1 - 20 of 27 Posts