S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cap'n Save-a-Ho!
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys messed with the new CVRT subwoofers from Kicker? I'm looking to possibly replace my 15" CVR with 3 of them to save space in my Blazer. I was thinking about making a box that'll put all 3 of them up against the back seat firing towards the rear in a sealed box. I was told they don't do so well in a vented box, is that correct? Any and all info would be great!

·
Cap'n Save-a-Ho!
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That entire thread is "kicker ftw!" "mtx ftl!" stuff. What I want to know is how much "bang" am I going to lose if I have 3 12" CVRTs in a small sealed box compared to my 15" CVR in a 5 cubic foot vented box. I'm also wondering how they might sound in a vented enclosure.

·
Cap'n Save-a-Ho!
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ideally I'm looking to still use the area in my hatch, but still have a pretty bangin' stereo. I'm constantly haulin' wheels and tires or something back there, and I have to pull my sub enclosure every time. I dunno about the CVX, though.

·
Cap'n Save-a-Ho!
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant '03, must have been a typo. Anyway, right now there's a single 15" CVR back there in a 5 cubic foot box, and it takes up all the room but it bangs like crazy. I want to still have bang, but have room too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts