S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Purple 'Noma
27 Posts
A few 6.5"'s may fit....

Taken from Crutchfields site

Compatible Speaker Sizes: You can mount a tweeter with a maximum diameter of 2-1/2" and a midrange/midbass with a diameter size ranging from 3 1/2" to 5 1/4". The maximum frame width/diameter allowable for the midrange/bass driver is 5.9", so a few 6-1/2" units may fit. Our database contains information relating to frame width and mounting depth of all of our speakers, so please check with a Crutchfield sales advisor before ordering if you wish to use 6-1/2" speakers in these kick panels.
Any one have any idea what 6.5" would fit, besides call a Crutchfield rep?

15,113 Posts
Q-logics suck dick. Seriously. I have never heard anything good about them. They are made of flimsy plastic, not to mention the fact thet are not sealed enclosures they have an open back, so good luck getting any decent sound with them.

·
She loves when I go low
582 Posts
i would leave them in the door, find someone that can fiberglass and have them mold the door out so that the speaker is pointing toward you. i'll try to find a pic and post it. It gives off a much better sound. PLus it gives you a very custom look. q-logic are not that good.

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
jlAudioBooms said:
i would leave them in the door, find someone that can fiberglass and have them mold the door out so that the speaker is pointing toward you. i'll try to find a pic and post it. It gives off a much better sound. PLus it gives you a very custom look. q-logic are not that good.
my plan is to mold a 6.5 midbass or maybe a shallow 8 in the door, and 6.5's inthe kicks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts