S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. Everyone always wants to know easiest way to keep stock hood. THere are different ways..

But I went the way of installing the cavailer intake manifold. My truck is a 98 2.2L... the cav intake came off a 2001 2.2L car.

Here are pictures of it all.

everyone knows the stock one.. big box on top of the motor

Here is the stock one pulled off
.. it comes of rather easy... it is time consuming..but nothing hard about it.. just unbolt ALOT of things.

Here is the cav. intake manifold
... it buts the TB down on the pass. side of the motor

Here are pictures installed...
... again.. time consuming.. All bolts right back up. Use stock TB. I had to lengthen 2 electrical wires just cuz i was kinda lazy and didnt feel like making it work..

LOok how much it took off the top of the motor..

Here are pictures with a hood on. THis hood is my buddies. He gave it to me.. I just put it on to make sure it all fit before i brought mine down from upstairs. Plus you can see how much room I have with the motor..... THe dipstick MIGHT need sectioned down. I will see when I put my hood on.. But it will be close.. Everythng else fits for sure!!

I would do it if you wanted to run stock hood.. Well worth the effort!!!!

·
///Relaxed Atmosphere
3,547 Posts
now you just need a "stock hood' with no holes in it, looks damn good other wise. How many inches did it shrink down?

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have my stock hood in the upstairs of the barn/garage... i was just lazy to bring it down and put it on.. Don't wana scratch it up.

ok.. went out and measured for yea and took pictures.. here yea go!

That box sticks up that much.. its nuts!!

Here is some signs.. my dad just picked up the Trucks Limited Ground Clearance... the other one is from ITB 04

thanks dave

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havn't done anything else.. like the throttle cable or anything.. Plugging the hole wont be to bad. I hae an idea to do it!... throttle cable shouldn't be to bad either. I'll throw pictures up when I get that done!

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ehh.. i havn't decided yet... I think just running one of those rubber 90* off it then puting the air filter behind the pass. headlight. using the ss pipe.. like the pipes they use for inter coolers on those turbo honda's

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Wow I realy like the look of that too :tup:

Nice.

·
thats me
252 Posts
Hey Adam, I see your girl is driving your truck to school now.:02redxbla Who wears the pants in that relationship:rotf:

·
thats me
252 Posts
b-min94 said:
Hey Adam, I see your girl is driving your truck to school now.:02redxbla Who wears the pants in that relationship:rotf:
SOrry, ment to put Sam

·
Registered
821 Posts
i have a question. what did you do with the hard line that comes off the back of the motor? the one with the steel braid on it. also is your truck a 5 spd? do you have pics of your clutch master cylinder?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts