S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been cruising through the posts in the "2.2L - 2nd gen 4-banging" area and came across a post that mentioned Kamikaze Performance Products header for the 2.2. Has anyone ever purchased one of these and does it look as good as it appears on their web page www.kamikaziperformance.com? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Zipper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
173 Posts
its definatley a nice looking header but, they changed the exhaust ports a lil on the 98+ head so the ports on that header wouldn't line up properly on a 98+ truck.

i think? i have never really seen that header before

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
th eheader uses way too big of primarys and collector.there have been a couple of guys here that had them and had to weld on a new collector to get their bottom end back.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input about the header!

From what I have read and have been told here, Al's is the way to go.

Thanks for the input!

Zipper

·
Registered
35 Posts
So is it worth getting one or not??? Just curious I'm thinking of getting one myself. I don't like the pacesetter one, an AL I've heard doesn't make then anymore or there to hard to get from him?!?!?

·
-------------------------
1,675 Posts
Just wondering what the problem is with pacesetter headers. It seems that everyone on this forum dislikes pacesetter.

·
Registered
173 Posts
the flanges are far to thin and always warp. they don't yeild the same gains as an AL's header. and it's like $300+ for the ceramic coat, which blows as im told. and dont even consider the black its merely a covering which will easily flake away over time (then again its not actually made to last in use) all that aside its not really a bad header its just not the same quality as AL's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts