S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much help/power a K&N FIPK helps in the 2.2. Is it much better than the drop in airfilter. Just need some info. Thanks.

·
low and slow
430 Posts
the k&n fipk adds roughly 10 hp and the drop in adds 1 hp so id say its worth it. other companys also make intakes for the 2.2 such as sportruck specialties, volant, hotshot, and apc.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
I have the K&N Gen II and I LOVE it!!!! It is sooo loud, and I noticed a big difference!

the K&N is the best one of them all, I dont care what anyone says. They have been around longer and make a high class intake system.

go with them.

I reccomend a Throttle Body spacer and exaust to notice maximum changes

·
Med School member
179 Posts
sherfield2002 said:
yes they do i was going to order one a while back
they just came out with it like 3 months ago

·
Med School member
179 Posts
XtremeDubs said:
:confused: GMCSOnoma00, Do you have a 2.2 or the V6? I can't find that spacer you speak of anywhere??? What gives man???:idea:
Helix

I got it at one stop truck stop, or Summit has it for way cheap!!!

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I have an APC kit, and I have notice the extra power. Its also a lot louder than stock and it looks much better!! Honestly..I don't think any kit/filter is better, It all depends on what you want. They are all going to do the same thing for you(8-10 HP), so its more of a brand prefernece or what looks the best. Also, it doesn't matter what kit you start with you can always change the cone filter to a different brand!! Here is a pic of my kit.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1868

·
low and slow
430 Posts
i got my t.b. spacer from summit for $69 the # is SEL-22005 for it to work with the sts intake you have to enlarge the hole where it mounts to the a/c and bend the bracket where it mounts to the fan shroud.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
skaling said:
I have an APC kit, and I have notice the extra power. Its also a lot louder than stock and it looks much better!! Honestly..I don't think any kit/filter is better, It all depends on what you want. They are all going to do the same thing for you(8-10 HP), so its more of a brand prefernece or what looks the best. Also, it doesn't matter what kit you start with you can always change the cone filter to a different brand!! Here is a pic of my kit.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1868

1 - 13 of 13 Posts