S-10 Forum banner

K&N Gen II worth the cash?

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  SoSloSoLow 
G
#1 ·
Aiight im ready to get my intake today but i need some last minute advice from you guys that have intake. Would you say spending the 312.000 bucks would be worth it?

#7 ·
can anyone tell me the part number for this k&n genII intake. my local dealer hasn't updated their catalogs yet, so he didn't know they make one for my truck. by the way i have a 2000 4.3L vortec CSFI.

#12 ·
If you went throught Truckperformance.com, I can't see it being any more than $250, shipped to your door, maybe $260 if you want fast service..

if you're willing to pay $312, I've got some land for ya too...

#15 ·
Seriously guys if you get the 3" K&N Cone filter #0810 and pull out that dumb screen in your MAF (comes out really easy) it will perform just as good as any of those aftermarket intakes. If you look at the K&N Gen II, yes airflow is a lot smoother since it includes the pipe between the MAF and throttle body, but if you look at how restrictive our stock intake manifold is, you will kick yourself. You will get awsome airflow up to the throttle body only to be restricted again. My truck runs right alongside a similar guy in town that has the K&N Gen II and a throttle body spacer. His sounds cooler tho. :drinkhaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.