S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back when i first bought my truck in '99 i put in a k&n filter drop in type and after having to replace 2 fuel injectors in guy at chevy told me it could be the k&n and told me to wash it an put less oil on it, so i did then 2 weeks later number 3 got clogged again :wtf:. He was pick the crap out of the injector with his finger nail....i guess my question is has anybody else had the same problem or heard of that happening. i wanna puy a new intake for the 2.2 put don't wanna deal with the wet type filters again. takes for any help or comments...........

P

·
0 Posts
i've had to replace 2 fuel injectors but it was before i had done any performance mods

·
Registered
214 Posts
What?! How on God's green earth does the air filter have anything to do with the freakin' injectors. DO NOT take your truck back to this guy. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. You have a problem with your fuel system that needs to be addressed.

-Chris

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i'm not a mechanic but i dont see how a filter would have anything to do with your injectors getting clogged....maybe the fuel filter....

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
I dont think that the filter caused your bad injectors. Find a new mechanic...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Sounds like blame displacement to me. It's under warranty, we don't wanna fix it, so it MUST BE that YOU modified it. F*ck em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts