S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just got an X-treme and he wants to add the K&N GenII intake and the TB spacer. What kind of gains is he looking at. Is it worth it. Any help would be appriciated

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
The gains are awesome IMO.. I gained a lot of power and fuel economy off of this setup..

I used to drive around with 300 miles per tank, my last tank I went 350 off the streets and I can get over 400 for freeway driving..

Its a good setup.. One problem is if he uses this setup:

Then he will need more hood clearance, if he uses the GenII without the stock intake arm, or without that black mount peice then he can use stock hood, but it doesnt make as much a difference without the entire GenII setup.. I used to use the stock intake arm and I didnt get the fuel economy as good as I do now, or the power that I do now..

IMO it was one of the best upgrades I have done along with the MAF mod with these two mods..

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I thought the K&N Gen II was a good mod that yielded noticeable power gains and better gas mileage. Honestly, though I was not impressed with the TB spacer. I noticed NOTHING when I installed it on my truck(cept for the whistle). And Zombie's right, you can't use the stock hood if you want the Gen II and the spacer. Some say leave the black mounting ring off, but I'm not sure what holds the damn thing on if you do that.

Just my 32 cents

·
Registered
61 Posts
GenII

If you ONLY use the Gen II FIPK and not the TB Spacer can you use the stock hood?:confused:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Re: GenII

00Blazer4X4 said:
If you ONLY use the Gen II FIPK and not the TB Spacer can you use the stock hood?:confused:
Yes, the FIPK by itself will clear just fine. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
ARG!! You can use both...no problem...if you look at that pic, you see the black ring right above the TB? Leave that off...use the hose clamp directly on the TB and everything fits fine.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
It clears the hood just fine, but it doesn't fit well on the TB.

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
Well I can say that when I was using my stock hood I had the GenII and the TB spacer on at the same time.. Only dif was I was using the stock plenum arm from the stock intake and it fits, but I want to say one thing.,. That plenum arm doesnt even compare to the K&N arm.. When I finally got my cowl hood I put the GenII plenum arm on and it upped my gas mileage by at least 50 miles per tank.. One thing I would recomment to anyone is get rid of that stock plenum arm and get a different one.. It will make a world of difference.. That is why I didnt get an Airaid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts