S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I'm sick of all these contradicting thoughts on the polishing and porting MAF mod. :soap: I already did the mod, but the supposive 5 hp loss is too difficult to notice w/o a freakin dyno. Did I waste my time, should I put back on a stock MAF, or leave it. I just want some straight answers.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I don't think anyone can answer that...but I noticed a increase when I first did it..but even if you did lose 5hp...whats the big deal. I don't think that you are going to lose a race b/c of your 5hp power decrease!

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I don't think anyone can answer that...but I noticed a increase when I first did it..but even if you did lose 5hp...whats the big deal. I don't think that you are going to lose a race b/c of your 5hp power decrease!
I noticed an increase too. As far as not losing a race because of it, you know what they say "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile..." :D :D :D

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
SAVE THE AGONY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this out, when adding mods. you want to bring that motor too it's highest level of performance that your hard work and money can get you. If you sell your self short by keeping a mod. that you NO is taking away something that you are trying accomplish, and that RICER edges you out by a C*** hair that modification will give you AGONY. I don't care if it's ONLY 1HP lower you will always have that mod. in the back of your head and if that C-hair happens. You will pop the hood yank that mod off and set a GUINESS BOOK world record in auto parts throwing. I have done this GUYS!!!!!!!! And if you still get beat AFTER the mod is off you can sleep knowing that you did not do anything to hold back that MOTOR with your hard work and money and there is NO AGONY in that guys. ON THE REAL!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems

And a list one mile long

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Go to the track and try it both ways. see what the diff is. Thats
the best way to settle it. The dyno and the track are always
going to be diff. I prefer to test each mod i do at the track.

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point photo. I need to get an unmodified MAF so I can compare the two at the track like you said wicked. If I find one at a junkyard, how much do you think it would cost?

·
Registered
317 Posts
i had my cat and pre cat cut out today it feels like i gained some mid/high but it might just be all in my head. it sounds meaner though!!!!!
any thoughts on this? can i say it was at least good for 1whp? just so i know it was worth the 50 bucks cash?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts