S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Absolutely First Rate!!!! Dude you should hold a clinic or spend some time tweaking the directions for some of us non photoshop geeks......I am trying it this weekend!!! GREAT JOB...Even though your a ranger owner....your alright LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
02REDXBLAZE said:
Absolutely First Rate!!!! Dude you should hold a clinic or spend some time tweaking the directions for some of us non photoshop geeks......I am trying it this weekend!!! GREAT JOB...Even though your a ranger owner....your alright LOL
Well, thanks I guess...I am not the mastermind behind these gauges...you can contact him at www.rangerpowersports.com/forum Look under members, and send a PM to "Splash"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOWRDS10 said:
I like how the gauges go up to 200mph, very nice:thumbup:
Actually, it's Kilometer/hour...the guy that made them happens to be a Canadian as well.

·
The White
296 Posts
DUDE

Holy crap those are a ton better than apc white gauges or whatever how much does photoshop cost
:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
OK IM GOING FRIGGIN NUTS HERE!! I pulled my dash apart and scanned my gauges. Directions on that site are good except he doesnt tell you how to separate the numbers from the black background. Unless im missing it or misreading it. Can somebody let me know how to do this...Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I can't tell you how to use Photoshop, but if you log on to www.rangerpowersports.com/forum - PM Splash, he'll let you know how to do it. There is also a thread under the Interior board called "how to make custom gauges out of paper"...I think someone already asked that question. (I think that thread will be on the top.)

Kev

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Trial run on photoshop Gauges

Here they are. Will keep everyone posted..

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Re: Trial run on photoshop Gauges

02REDXBLAZE said:
Here they are. Will keep everyone posted..
They look good. One problem though. Here's a hint.

You need 2 layers right?
A black one with whatever color letters/numbers you'd like to see during the night. (example, black with blue numbers).
Look at image 6 here

Then you also need a top layer (white, or favorite pic, or naked chick, whatever blows your hair back)
For this white layer, you need to have your numbers on your speedo, tach etc white, with a dark outline, otherwise the color from the first layer won't shine through when you have your dash lights on at night.
Look at image 2here

Make sense? If not, post here and I'll try to clear it up.

Kev

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PisOnCavalier said:
Kev-
For a ford guy, you're alright. I let ya know how mine turns out, thanx a lot man.
-RJ
hope they work well, be sure to post some pics. you seem ok for a chevy guy...lol

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Dont need two layers. At least I dont think so. Printing on 22 lb bond paper yeilds a fairly convincing indiglo look with blue tintd bulbs so far. Will send in final pics when finished. All your help is appreciated though don't get me wrong..:thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK. that's cool if it works. The reason we use two layers is because our gauges look really "splotchy" if we only use one. We don't get uniform light distribution. If you guys do, consider yourselves lucky.

to see an example of splotchy gauges...look below. (ps - they might be mine)

(keep in mind, I didn't come up with this idea, Splash at rangerpowersports did, I'm just the messenger helping to spread the word...I don't want to take credit for his massive brain.)

kev

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
White, It's all appreciated bro. We have either 5 or 6 194's behind our gauges that are linked by light bridges to the whole panel assembly. As soon as Im finished Ill post some pics

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
02REDXBLAZE.......

did ya know how to use photoshop or is this easy enuf to understand for those of us that have less experience.....keep us updated:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 134 Posts