S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, an older one, turbo. Twice, actually. :thumbup:

I was on my way home and when I was right near my house, I see this Supra roll by. "Oh, I've GOTTA race him!" I think to myself, and soon after I'm right on his ass at the stoplight. The light turns green and I shoot out from behind him and try to pass him on the right. Apparently he had anticipated my move and decided he wasn't gonna let me pass him. So we're side by side and we've both got it on the floor and he only managed to pull about a carlength or so before we shut it down at around 80!

Rolling up to the next stoplight, I give him the "Nice race man" wave and he just looks at me and simply turns his head. Oh hell nah, I KNOW you didn't. Motherfvcker! It's on AGAIN b!tch!

So I start revving, he starts revving(you know how this goes, right? :)), light turns green, we both floor it. My traction goes to complete sh!t but somehow I still managed to pull half a car on him.

Then I hear the shrill, raspy sound of a blow-off valve and I see this ******* blow by me and he pulled like 3 carlengths on me by 50 mph when I just decided to give up. Strange how I was almost keeping up with him the first time, but he completely smoked me off the line. :) What are those things good for in the 1/4? I'd guess low 15's-high 14's?

Oh well, the moral of the story is I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter by some *******. But it sure was fun, though! :D

After the 2nd race he turned left and I gave him a friendly honk as I drove by and he just stopped and stared. What a d!ckhead, I wanted to strangle him with his queer ass pony tail.

:boom: :thumbdown :madfinger :bash:

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
hahaha, sounds like the F-150 owner I took last night.... Same deal, beat them once, they want payback, cept this time i beat him again :) Good job w/ the Supra though, I wish I had the same opportunity

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
if it was an older one it only had one turbo or no turbo. If it was a turbo it must of been a sick one. Not to belittle you, or flame you.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, it was turbo alright. I heard it and it said "turbo" on the back. What do you mean it must've been a sick one? I said he kicked my ass didn't I? :)

·
251 Posts
zYgoTe. sorry i didn't mean it that way. Its just most of them
around me usually run in low 13s or high12s. and they would
flat kill an S-10, no matter how you race them all you would see is tail lights.

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Wicked X said:
flat kill an S-10, no matter how you race them all you would see is tail lights.
Not me though... I go zoom! :D

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wicked X said:
Sure, but a close to stock one will not run that fast at all. Hell, the newer ones won't even run that fast stock.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VetteS10 said:

Not me though... I go zoom! :D
:finger: Look at your engine, it says "Corvette" on it! You don't count as being an S-10. :D

·
201 Posts
I don't? Oh poo... oh well, hehe :sheep:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I dont know about you guys but my friend wrecked his truck and got a 99' or 00' dodge ext cab v8 rent-a-car. We raced rolling at 30 mph to about 65 and I took him by about a half a truck length. I didn't believe he had it slammed, but he said he had the pedal to the metal! So I raced a 318 regular cab and that guy took me! SOB

I've got 96 ss with intake

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bkral3 said:
I dont know about you guys but my friend wrecked his truck and got a 99' or 00' dodge ext cab v8 rent-a-car. We raced rolling at 30 mph to about 65 and I took him by about a half a truck length. I didn't believe he had it slammed, but he said he had the pedal to the metal! So I raced a 318 regular cab and that guy took me! SOB

I've got 96 ss with intake
Oh really? Was it a Toyota Supra Dodge rent-a-car? :D

LOL, just kidding man...when you say Dodge do you mean Dakota or Ram? Anyways good kill, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VetteS10 said:
I don't? Oh poo... oh well, hehe :sheep:
No, you definitely count. Your truck is f-in bad, and I love it! :D

·
251 Posts
Brad
Don't give up hope. I had a 96-SS after modding it ran low 15s

·
Registered
211 Posts
Go V8... hehehe Hey VetteS10, what 1/4s are you running? This ought to be funny.

·
201 Posts
Best 1/4 time was 11.24 @ 119mph

I can't seem to break into the 10's... The harder I try, the higher my times goes up.. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts