S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a bit pricey though. 2.5"offset inlet, dual 2.25"outlet, 40 series non-deltaflow for $120cdn. does that sound right? will it work? only problem, it'll take 4-6 weeks before i get it coz they dont stock that kind of stuff at the store. if i want it sooner i'll have to pay $50 shipping. sucks to be in canada.

also a muffler shop got me a qoute for 2x 2.25"end pipes from the muffler to the rear with 3"x12" slashcut chrome tips for $200cdn. what do you think? it'll come out on either side of the dip for the licence plate. does that look cheap? i think it will look great on my step side.

i'm too exited, i cant wait for those mufflers. :D :D :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
thats what i have on mine i have a 97 now the left side will look of set but thats because of your spare its realy not much off so dont wory . it gonna sound great it will get a bit louder over time becuase it goes threw a break in period. oh mine cost me $305 thats instauld see if the pipes are smooth not the ones with the riges.

·
Freak of Nature
41 Posts
I haven't heard the non-Delta Flow but I am sure that it will sound great. I have a 40-series Delta Flow with 2.5" in and out that exit's in the stock location and i love it. You can hardly hear it at highway speed but around town and cruising it has a great rumble. I paid $75 for the muffler from Summit and $60 to have pipe ran from muffler back.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i' guessing your prices are $us. so that seems about right. i thought it will be a lot cheaper down there.

the guy at the shop bends his own pipes, and he guaranties that its the smooth bends not that wrinkly stuff. the diameter at the bends are decreased though. but dual 2.25" is plenty enough.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just thoght 4-6 weaks is a long time is there anther place that get it sonner than that but if not its worth the wait .

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i could just buy the offset in center out, which they have plenty of, but i like having two tips with out using y pipes.

i dont mind waiting coz i just spent $450.00cdn on rhino liner and i feel kinda guilty on spending some more. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
hope it wont be much longer . i tell you peapel will wont to race you coz they will wont to see what you have. if you dont already have see about geting a open air filter it will change the sound of the tone it will be good for it any way .

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
people have already tied to race me, specially those cavalier/sunbird. wassup with those cars. i know my limitations though, i would'nt race a v8. actually, i try to keep my racing to a minimum, i hate to end up with a smashed up truck. i'm more of a crusin type.

and dont get me goin with that open filter. i was going to get one, but the stupid dealer says i will loose my engine warranty if i do. i had a big argument with the manager coz they fooled me into buying the extended warranty, thinking that i could to some mods to the engine. i even talked to gm and they agreed with my dealer. bunch of crap. i'm getting one anyways, and i'll take it off when i get my tune-up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my brother is the same way he does the same thing when he goes to the dealer to get work done . they told me if i put a flowmaster on it would void my warente there wroung its a after market part. im wanten the K&N gen 2 but it cost .

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
somebody gave me a link to a sema website. and they qouted a law that says "the aoutomoble manufacturer should not void warranty if an aftermarket equiptment is installed, unless that equiptment causes the problem".

although, i think this law only applies to the u.s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
could be i dont know check and see if it only goes for us or not . idont know who to ask. if you have a freind thats a lawer he may know or your freinds mite know .

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
joe_villa said:
somebody gave me a link to a sema website. and they qouted a law that says "the aoutomoble manufacturer should not void warranty if an aftermarket equiptment is installed, unless that equiptment causes the problem".

although, i think this law only applies to the u.s.
Yeah. SEMA is god-send when it comes to us guys and our toys. They try to help us keep up with the laws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts