S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm planning to be sitting at around a 6" rear drop (pulled a leaf, 4" blocks), with close to that in the front too (3" springs and 2" spindles, looks more like a 6" to me though).

my question is this: how does everyone jack their truck up? the way i sit now i can barely get a jack under it and i'm wondering what crazy low static people do, any pointers or tips? i think at the moment i have a tranny jack which is fairly low, and i do the 2x4 under the front wheel trick, anyone have anything better/different?

or just any motivating words? i'm starting to feel dumb about ordering them haha :eek:.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
i also do the 2x4 trick. i used to have a 65 bug that i built up for drag racing and then by the time i was done with it it was to pretty to drag race so i decidded to make it a show car. and i layed it out. didnt bag it. dont have to with those and one day i needed to lift it up and i was ****ed. the thing literly sat on the ground. impossible to drive unless i wanted to throw sparks.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
use 2X6s instead and stair step them until it's high enough to get the jack under. Once you get them laid out how you need them, you can nail or screw them together that way you don't have to lay it all out again everytime.
hmmm... i should screw them together eventually....
i still stack up all the random chunks of wood in my garage...

oh word of advice. dont hit the brakestoo hard if they are just stacked while ur going up.
the top layer will just slide off the stack lol
so i guess dont use the pedal brake,
use just the parking brake.
and dont drive up the rear tire onto a stack.... the top layer can become a missle.

and yes, i know all this from experience... some details that people failed to mention lol

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
which is why I suggested 2X6s and nailing or screwing them together, they are more stable and will not topple over while you are driving up on them. I used to do this before I got one of the ultra low profile racing jacks :D
pics of it?
the "ultra low pro aluminum jack" i saw at wallmart wasnt that low profile...

·
UglyTurd94s10
11 Posts
The low profile jacks from wally world...are just regular floor jacks pretty much, you have to go through places like summit for an actual low profile floor jack, unless you know someone at a tire store like mine thats getting ready to retire a jack to get a new one

·
Registered
277 Posts
it's not very fast, but the stock jack has a very low profile and quite a bit of lift. it's also a lot smaller, making it easier to lug around.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
it's not very fast, but the stock jack has a very low profile and quite a bit of lift. it's also a lot smaller, making it easier to lug around.

the stock jack is a piece of crap and a pain to use, it was one of the first things to get thrown out of my trucks when I got them. Not to mention it is only good to use if you raise one side of the truck at a time, you aren't gonna be able to put it under the skidplate and jack the frontend up easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts