Registered
12,726 Posts
Flamed 98 said:
one day I WILL be able to join you in this forum:idea:
Heh Me too. Did you guys like my description of this area :D

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
hey man, where the hell did you get the syclone engine? i dont see a lot of sy/ty here in the lower mainland, let alone a spare engine. must be nice to have turbo in the sonoma, it makes it a total sleeper. :D :D :D

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
I'm here:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey, your not going to like this, you better be sitting down before i tell you how much i paid for the complete motor. And also i didnt find it, it found me cause i wasnt even looking for it. It was listed as a blazer turbo v6 engine, god **** dumb canadians :) And i bought it for $202 basically everything on the motor, all turbo, upper ic, all that important stuff was there. Good story that one was wasnt it. Its a sleeper all right if it would just **** well hook up. It will launch fine if you dont even thiink of building boost, then it will shift to second get rubber all the way through that and shift to third get a little more rubber then finally settle down. Its kinda interesting to say the least.

Later
Brad

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
you got a sy engine for $202? man, where did you get that? must be a wrecking yard or the auction or somethin. wherever it is, it's a good deal.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I guess you could call me a used to be. My 93 Ty was totaled a little over a year ago with 18,669 miles. Some genius thought he could make it across the highway in front of my wife. Try again. She was under boost and when she hit, it spun the little nut off of the turbo's impeller. Ruined the turbo and pretty much every accessory and bracket on the front of the engine but everything else is OK. Hey, TurboSonoma, what rear gears do you have? 3.42's just like the syty's had or did you go to something more highway to try to get it to hook? I still have the drivetrain and was considering putting it in a 2wd or maybe find a 2nd gen 4x4 to put that AWD an all in. Let me know what you had to go through to do the swap. Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here's a pic of the DOA beast. May not look real bad but it bent the passenger frame rail all the way to the leaf spring mount and the driver side was bent almost 8". Tore the pillar away from the roof behind the passenger door and tore the rear seat out of the floor. Oh well, I'm looking for another white/white Ty now.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your not supposed to post disturbimng pictures like that on here you know. It was a real easy swap, i just put in a 342 posi, im hoping that will help, it had 373's. Only stuff i had to customize is run one wire for the computer, inside the cab,drill holes in frame for intercooler, 2wd oil pan is a good idea, and i had to do some fuel lines up. 5speed crossmember was a bolt in with the 700 r4. Was a real easy swap now it moves pretty good, any parts for sale off of your ty or had it already been parted out?

Later
Brad

·
Registered
57 Posts
i dunno, anything intreresting thats gonna make my truck a bit more different. Its got buckets and a sy console now and is in need of more interior stuff. Let me know what kinda stuff you have left.

Brad

·
Registered
589 Posts
synoma

Hi Brad

I like to compliment you on your conversion. Do you mind if i ask you a boat load of qestions about your Conversion. I have just started the same project. There are two other guys that are willing to lend me a hand but the way i see it the more the better.

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Are you one of the lucky 10 owners of a Malboro Sy? I've seen them on Sportmachines.com and other internet pages. Must be nice to own such a rare truck. I would love to see one in person someday.

·
Registered
589 Posts
anytime your in the area

Hay Brad

anytime you are in the area you are welcome to drive the truck (chicago). I can send you a bunch of pictures of the truck if you are interested. The Marlboro is my second Syclone. In some form or another i have owned four of these beast. I had an INdy Replica, Marlboro and a crispy syclone (this frame was donated to a spead shop in detroit - used to prototype ladder bar rear suspension and tube control arm front suspension using koni coil overs on both ends - very wicked setup. We are in the process of prototyping a four link rear suspension w/Koni's and a tube front w/ Koni's for the two wheel drive guy's. (www.sportmachines.com/dpt) That is why i purchased the Sonoma GT. We are going to convert it to Turbo using some of the Syclone Prototype parts that i have in my collection. Okay enough babbling. can you send me more pics of your truck??

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts