S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is another truck i did tonight. few months ago did spindles and springs and rear leafs and blocks and truck sat to low in front on the stock rims so i brought it back up in front with just spindles and rear took out the leafs and went with just 3 inch blocks.

well now he has new rims wanted it lower. he got a good deal on some 4 cyl 1 inch drop springs and some new shocks so im like fine will drop it about 2 inches.

well on this extended cab he went from 28 inches at fenderlips to 25 now with that 1 inch drop spring. the pass side was at 25 3/4 but my sway bar trick worked fine.

truck looks a lot better now and rides smooth. so if anyone wants to go with 4 cyl drop springs get the 2 inch ones at most.

now for the rear 3 inch leafs and 2 inch blocks will be in soon and ill cut off the bracket. ill take final pics of the truck because he jus goit it repainted, back shaved, street scene mirrors. new front bumper mask and painted grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
What did you to the sway bar to level out the truck?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hey pew, i think the stockers look better on a Pewter truck then the euros

·
Registered
201 Posts
What size rim and tires are those/ I want to drop my truck to about the top of the tire (dont want to tuck tire). That looks like what I'm going for
In reality this is going to be a true 4-6 drop?

Jay

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i put the sway bar trick up like a year ago.

you cut off the amount the side is higher from teh spacer and put the part you cut off on the bottom of the arm and tighten it down and it levels out. you might need a new bolt so you dont need to use the part you cut.

the rims are 17x8 4.5 bs and 245 45 17
rear is 17x10 with 5.5 bs and 285 40 17. ill put up pics when back comes down

·
Cali Member
50 Posts
He finally decided to take it down some huh? Looks VERY GOOD
also big thumbs up on the rims, american billet if i remember correctly...

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Got anymore pics of that guys fron Valance? I'm thinking of getting it, but I haven't seen it on a newer model. (98& up)

·
Registered
253 Posts
im not using any spacers.....

the wheels are:

AMERICAN BILLET "THREE-60" REVERSED

17X8 ON FRONT w/ 245/45ZR17 KHUMO'S

17X10 ON BACK w/ 275/40ZR17 KHUMO'S

and the front "Bumper Cover" is a Street Scene Gen. #1

check more pic's :stickpoke

·
Registered
253 Posts
Boyd Coddington was running an ad for this wheels for $800+ per set, with a 3 Week GUARRANTY SHIPPING:bs:

but I order them thru AFTERMARKET WHOLESALE...

I paid just over $1k shipped just ask for "Chuck"

now also you can check on Sporttruck.com

http://shop.sportruck.com/ab/

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
juan are you puttin the 3 inch leafs in today. see how it sits then give me a call give it like 100 miles to settle. then we can see if i need to cut the bracket off. i think i will have to though.

tony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts