S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alignment problems

well i lowerd my truck about a week ago with belltech spindels, 1" Eibach springs and in the back 3" blocks. the thing is i aligned it today and on the caster i have 4deg. on the right and 4.5 on the left and my camber is 0 and my toe is 0 but it still pulls pretty hard to the right,
Could it be my tires? i have 215/40/17 kumho in the front, and 235/45/17 falken Ziex in the back...

what should i do?

thanks scott

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
I have the same problem. I took it to an alignment place and they told me it was due to the steel belted radial tires (Nitto 555). They told me to try rotating the tires. I haven't done it as of yet. I want to get another alignment along with the rotation of the tires. Hope this helps!:thumbup:

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah i was thinking the same thing, i have kumhos in the front but whats schitty is that i cant rotate them. i hope i can just get it aligned and be over with it,

i talked to a guy with a laser alignment shop and he said he could fix it. but who knows

thanks
scott

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Hey where are you located cuz I heard a lot about the lazer alignment being really accurate and stuff. Maybe you know of a place in San Diego, Cali???:thumbup:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
LiQuIdSlEd said:
I have the same problem. I took it to an alignment place and they told me it was due to the steel belted radial tires (Nitto 555). They told me to try rotating the tires. I haven't done it as of yet. I want to get another alignment along with the rotation of the tires. Hope this helps!:thumbup:
i smell a lil bull sh!t eeking from the alignment guy on this one. as far as i know almost ALL tires are steel belted radials. ill ask my dad who works for goodyear, but i am almost 100% on this one. the alignment tard sounds a lil lazy to me.:bash:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
PisOnCavalier said:
Well Pep Boys alignment system is w/a laser, aren;t they all?
No, some use a combination of strings and lasers between the alignment heads. It just depends on how new the aligner is.

Radial tires can sometimes cause a hard pull to one side or the other. Rotate the tires and it should go away. Also, I don't know off hand what the alignment specs are for our trucks but what you have it set to does not sound right.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
yah i think i might try moveing the back wheels to the front and see if it changes any, even though the wheels are diffrent backspacing, the alignment shop is in Hesperia its called (Toys for trucks) the guy that was working there was really cool

thanks
scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts