S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
ginuine chocolate face
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i just bought a 99 sdime cab/frame the other day. what i was wondering is, would i be better off just getting the road grater kit and the cool ride setup from stylin trucks, or buying them individually?

·
Do What Now?
541 Posts
ART stuff = Over priced junk. Buy quality parts if you want your truck done right. I recommend Suicide Doors, KP Components, or Cando Specialties.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
There's nothing wrong with ART. Every kit out their has their pros and cons. The main pro with ART is going to be bolt on in which if you don't have access to a welder is a big plus.

If you really want both kits then just search around and see where they offer them at the cheapest price. Sucidedoors.com carries ART parts.

·
Do What Now?
541 Posts
I have friends who have used the Roadgrater and you couldn't pay me to take one of those kits, they are absolute junk. If you ever see a truck with a bolt together frame hit sides you will see why its bad, something about bolting the frame of a 4,000LB truck together just seems really unsafe to me, hints the reason there are no frames bolted together from factory.

If you do the whole truck with ART parts your looking like $3500-$4000 when you can build your own kit which will be far superior and do it all for about $2500-$3000. ART's parts would e worth the money if they were quality but their stuff is just all really cheaply made.

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
ART stuff is actually very nice and it is ENGINERED. No frames are bolted together yes but alot are riveted together with less rivets than they use in their bolt on kits. ART is for the person that wants airride for a nice ride and to beable to lift and lower their truck at will. It is not made to hop, hit big sides, or any of that. KP is also nice but you are going to pay roughly the same price for a 6 link. Those are the two companys I would choose from for an S-10 bolt on kit.
Just my .02

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
I have friends who have used the Roadgrater and you couldn't pay me to take one of those kits, they are absolute junk. If you ever see a truck with a bolt together frame hit sides you will see why its bad, something about bolting the frame of a 4,000LB truck together just seems really unsafe to me, hints the reason there are no frames bolted together from factory.

If you do the whole truck with ART parts your looking like $3500-$4000 when you can build your own kit which will be far superior and do it all for about $2500-$3000. ART's parts would e worth the money if they were quality but their stuff is just all really cheaply made.

if you don't own it..dont talk crap about it..i have the airbar and have had no problems..and i havent heard anything about ppl having problems hittin sides with the rg either.

·
Do What Now?
541 Posts
I have owned a few ART parts key word there owned I then chucked them in the garbage and went to everything SD and it has proven to be a way better product for the money. All Im saying is bolts come loose and welds dont, I would never drive a truck that has a bolted together frame. SD notches are made of 3/16" plate and are fully boxed where ART notches are thinner and not fully boxed and their link system is dinky little tubing, I bought a powder coated SD 3 link and notches and bridge kit and the rear bags and had about $200 less than the road grater in it and my truck is built like a tank, with zero problems.

·
Finally Bagged!!!
2,270 Posts
good thing these thread actually stuck to the topic... but since everyone's entering their $.02, i don't have any personal experience with ART but i have seen some of their ads in magazines and they have had numerous misspelled words, typos, and i also don't think its too professional for one company to "bash" on another company like they called theirself doing to suicidedoors.com....

·
ginuine chocolate face
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i don't have a welder, but i can always buy one or whatnot. a friend of mine bought the roadgrater setup and did the front from suicidedoors.com and his is f'n sweet. alas, i don't like to be just like everyone else.

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
I have owned a few ART parts key word there owned I then chucked them in the garbage and went to everything SD and it has proven to be a way better product for the money. All Im saying is bolts come loose and welds dont, I would never drive a truck that has a bolted together frame. SD notches are made of 3/16" plate and are fully boxed where ART notches are thinner and not fully boxed and their link system is dinky little tubing, I bought a powder coated SD 3 link and notches and bridge kit and the rear bags and had about $200 less than the road grater in it and my truck is built like a tank, with zero problems.
Ok so bigger is beter when it comes to 4-link bars....NO You want less unsprung weight on the suspension. The 4-link bars do not have to resist to bending only push pull so why put an over weight peice on there when it doesn't need to be. And welds crack where a bolt won't. Ever notice on any part that sees alot of vibraion the part is bolted or riveted on. There is a reason for this as well as going with lighter frames, suspension components. Not to make them weaker to make them perform beter. If you just want to make your truck go up and down and do not care about ride quality, performance, handleing get any kit but If you do care about that stuff ART is a good choice.
Josh

·
Registered Abuser
1,415 Posts
yea i havent heard anything bad about the RG but i would go with a cando reverse 4-link bolt on and sd bolt on notch. if it had to be bolt on...if not SD 5-link ftw!

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts

well i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but its good if you cant weld..and my bars on my airbar are far from dinky...

good thing these thread actually stuck to the topic... but since everyone's entering their $.02, i don't have any personal experience with ART but i have seen some of their ads in magazines and they have had numerous misspelled words, typos, and i also don't think its too professional for one company to "bash" on another company like they called theirself doing to suicidedoors.com....
i think you're talking about AIM....ART is nowhere near the same

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Don't really feel like turning this thread anymore downwards. Do a search on the subject. The guy asked if buying them together or seprate is the best choice. ART stuff is awsome hands down you will not be disapointed in your purchase either way. I know out of the 6 trucks we have repaired with SD stuff we ripped it all off and started from scratch. Driveshafts buried into the trany's bad pinion angles, Improerly installed notches, you name we have seen it. If you lack fab skills the road grater is an wasome choice remeber if your suspension fails going down the road good chance you DIE.

·
Registered Abuser
1,415 Posts
if funds are available ART is the way to go. now was the sd stuff just poorly installed or was it the products itself failing?? ive never heard of the products failing. installing poorly i can believe its happened too me years ago.

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
They were Improperly installed. Where there is NO chance of that with the ART stuff. Does the 5 link even come with instructions or is this forum them? Just the other day the Engineer fthat developed the Shockwave stopped in the store and we BS'd for a while about stuff. Took a look at a Ram we are building and wondered why the Bars were so big on the 4-Link. Told him they were customer suplied and he thought it was a pretty stupid Idea to have such an overweight bar for a 4-link. It will not break but neither will the smaller bars so there is no point for it.
Josh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts