S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my SIR MICHAEL’S roll pan and I removed the factory bumper. how do I hold the roll pan in place while marking holes.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I bother putting the stock bumper on while I am waiting for it to get painted, or just run from the cops since I don't have a rear license plate.:lol:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No really, should the local law enforcement mind?

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the license plate?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
yeah, that'd be easier than putting the bumper on, wouldn't it? And I'm pretty sure the cops would notice if you didn't have a license plate. Why didn't you get it painted before taking the bumper off? Just a thought... :)

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IT says to test fit + mount before painting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can just put the liscense plate in the back window for now, don't put tape on your truck.

·
Registered
287 Posts
kropelin said:
You can just put the liscense plate in the back window for now, don't put tape on your truck.
seriously do that, dont tape it, it might fall off. but post pics when you get it all done.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK I got one hole drilled and one screw in for a temp instal and it looks sweet, BUT the tailpipe hits the roll pan and makes it stick out about 1/4 of an inch. the guy that welded on my flowmaster made the extension for the shorter muffler that much too long.
should I
1. just hit the tailpipe with a hammer and make a dent in it so everything will fit.
2. cut the tailpipe off in front of the stock hanger and try to make a new hanger.
3. or cut the tailpipe off right behind the hanger that is right after the muffler and put a turn down on it.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
since nobody wants to reply I have decided I am just going to beat on it with a hammer for now.:bash:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Removed the hanger and the tailpipe still hits the roll pan shouls i just cut it off and put a turn down on it????:dunno:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am about to cut it off right after the flowmaster!

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Well, I've got a flowmaster 40 turndown and I think it sounds good. I don't have anything to compare it to, I can tell you that it's not really that loud, sounds good, and doesn't vibrate too much.

Oh yeah, you guys thought I was SERIOUS about the duct tape?! :rolleyes:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, I just cut it off about halfway across the spare and it blows right underneath the roll pan. the only problem I might have is that I am running 4' of pipe off the hanger right after the muffler with no hanger on the end, is this OK or should I try and make some kind of hanger.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Why do you need all that pipe? Mine's turned down before the axle.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts