S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother, father, & I installed a set of Edelbrock Tes headers & y-pipe combo on my truck today. Definately a difference in power. The engine revs alot faster & smoother. I ran a 2.5" exhaust too. No cat & a Summit muffler. For $15 this muffler was well worth it. It has a very deep tone without being obnoxiously loud. I can't wait till I get it broken in. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to run it & post some new times.

Later,
Derrick

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
yeah post your times, i've gotta run mine at the 1/4 mile this summer, still closed for now though.. :-/ How long did it take you to put the headers on, I hear they are a massive pain, which is why I paid someone else to take care of it for me. ;-)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Done quite a bit to my 4.3, K&N FIPK, Power pulleys, MAF, throttle body, JBA headers, Gibson Cat-back, Free Flow cat, Elec Fan, MSD 6A, coil, timing controller, SSB rear disc, 373 gears, IAS shocks, ZQ-8 with 2" spindles, 3" rear leafs, Venom VCN-2000, comp cam, crower 1.6 rockers, SpeedTech headwork. It's actually pretty quick. Runs pretty consistant around 13:00, but it's more fun on the street.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It took about 6 hours. Nothing was really hard about the install, just time consuming because of all the little stuff. The hardest part was the power steering bracket that bolts to the manfiold. The Edelbrock set came with long bolts & spacers, but it wsa a pain to take the bracket off. A couple tips I'll give is to take the front tires off and go in through the fender wells. Everything is right there in front of you. When ready to remove manifolds & install headers, do it from the bottom of the truck. The coolant sensor on the driver's side of the block has to be removed, but after it is taken out everything will slip right in & out with no trouble.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you have the CPI Vortec or the TBI Vortec???

·
B-TOWN JIMMY
37 Posts
SSSonoma
On your 1.6 rocker arms did the push rods interfer with the cylinder heads?
thanks
B-Towm Jimmy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts