S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my truck dropped (finally) 3/4...we accidently got the wrong shocks for the front, so we left the stock shocks on till we get the ones for my 6 cyl. the front is bottoming out a lot. is this just something i will have to get used to, or will it be a little better with the new shocks in place? for now ill drive a little slower and be much more careful where there are potholes etc.

thank you

·
Work in Progress
79 Posts
i think you're more likely to bottom out if you just use springs. i have 2" spindles and 1" springs and have never even hit the bump stops. drop shocks should really help you out though.

·
Registered
920 Posts
grndscrpr03 said:
Once get you the drop shocks on then it will be better. However my buddy got 3" coils on his truck and his would still bottom out even after putting the drop shocks on. Weird because none of the other 3/4 drops I've seen does it.
with a 3in drop coil, there is barely an inch of travel left, my old 2in coils left mine almost sitting on the bumpstop

·
i wanna go fast
656 Posts
Take a look at your lower control arms, the bumpstops should be really close to if not touching the frame. Shocks may help a little but not much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts