S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen bagged trucks in mags, parked at shows, aired up while driving, etc for years. But until the other nite, i had never seen a bag set up in action. I was driving home on the expressway with my 97 S10 which is dropped 3/4 and this dude pulled up next to me in a 98. He started playing with the switches and if there had been another car ahead of me I probably would have crashed my own truck. I couldnt stop watching the guys truck! Anyways, this is something ive got to have. I dont think I want to do it to my nice daily driver.

But I do have a 91 sonoma std cab short bed thats been just sitting around for a while. Ive been planning on doing other things like shaving and setting the firewall further back, interior work, etc. Im new to the whole bag thing, but have been reading up. So far it seems that buying all of the stuff and doing all of the work myself except for the welding (which should be done by professionals) will save a lot of the cost. And that bolt on kits are more costly and sometimes more problematic than weld on items. At home I can install my own front bags, airlines, valves, gauges, compressor(s), and wiring, then only have to pay a shop to do the entire rear install and weld of the front shock relocators. Does this sound right? So here is what I know that I want from my truck when its bagged: It has to handle good-no excessive body roll when going around corners and it has to not be bouncy, just front/back action-dont want any s/s, it has to be a one time install with no need to go back and redo things later.
Speed needs to be decent, but not lightning fast. I have no desire to hop it or crack the pavement when I air the truck out. Just fast enough that I can play with the bags when the urge strikes. So with all of this in mind, what would any of you recommend?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Everything sounds good except your demands...

You don't want body roll, yet you want a f/b system, and you don't wanna go back later to have stuff done again... soooo... spend the extra 150 bucks and upgrade to a FBSS system, and you won't have to go back, and you won't have excessive body roll, as long as you install some good shocks.

As far as valves and airline, If you wanna have fun with it, and not break the bank, just go with 3/8" SMC's and some 3/8" airline. Heres my 3/8" valve-3/8" line combo video so u can see the speed of it. http://slammeddime.s10forum.com/Video/truck.wmv

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
:stupid: fb is jointed on one line, so when you turn, air from one bag gets pushed through the line into the other bag, makin it roll even more....You really should have each bag on its seperate line so that there is no air transfer.

Also, Jason has a front bag kit special goin on for a while, itll get you the entire front bagged (minus some airline and fittings) for $645....you can get the rest of the needed parts like gauges, relays, line, and fittings for probably about $100

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Everything sounds good except your demands...

You don't want body roll, yet you want a f/b system, and you don't wanna go back later to have stuff done again... soooo... spend the extra 150 bucks and upgrade to a FBSS system, and you won't have to go back, and you won't have excessive body roll, as long as you install some good shocks.

As far as valves and airline, If you wanna have fun with it, and not break the bank, just go with 3/8" SMC's and some 3/8" airline. Heres my 3/8" valve-3/8" line combo video so u can see the speed of it. http://slammeddime.s10forum.com/Video/truck.wmv
how much psi was that at? pretty good

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
well if he went with fb he wouldnt have that much body roll if he uses a sway bar. he doesnt care about ss so he can keep the swaybar . and he could also have one on the rear right?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
yeah run the 8 valves....u can just wire it to FB....but id run some 10mm - 3/8" valves on some 1/2" line....thats plenty quick but not too quick...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
00s-ten00 said:
or he could order 1/2 inch valves from jason for cheaper than 3/8
How do you determine that the 1/2" valve is cheaper than the 3/8" valve?? Last I checked, the 3/8" valve was 29 and the 1/2" valve was 45... thats a $16 difference (tho not much in the grand scheme of baggin the truck).

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, well its things like the whole 8 valve/4 valve stuff that Im not up on yet. I knew that 8 valves meant f/b/s/s and that 4 valves just meant f/b. Didnt know that you could use 8 valves for just f/b to improve handling. Thanks much for all of the info and help,guys.
Looks like Im going to have plenty of time to research all of this before I can afford it now. Seeing as how my daily driver decided to die on me and left me with a $110 tow bill on the same day that I got laid off. Now Im waiting for my g/f to call and dump me so that I can write my own country song. :sheep: Again, thanks for all of the help, Im not put off about getting bags, just delayed......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts