S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i could put 20s on and what size tire would i need or spacers or whatever, i have no clue on how to go about this....or do i need to look at getting 18's

i have a regular 2.2l 98 s-10 stepside completely stock except for the blue interior lights i just put in

i am looking at lowering it 2-3 or 3-4 whatever will work with 20's or 18's.....like i said, i am new at this game....please help....thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
you can actually lay fram with 20's in the back and 18's in teh front ive seen it done by 3 different people, the owner of sportruckspecialties.com, a private owner and i think one of the trucks from mic has this done it takes alot of work though i know this much to run 20's in the rear you may have to cut out the wheel weels in the bed of your truck to run18 you may have to cut the wheel weels in the front im not sure on that though

talk to the guy that owns STS he may be able to shed some more light on this

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
sorry 245 45 20 are taller than your stock tires but you still have sidewall
255 35 20 are teh same height as stock tire but are 300 each and no sidewall you will bend them

id get 18x8 with 255 45 18 tires. www.geocities.com/stefannys01blazer

thats the same as a 3 4 drop on a regular s10 and the tires are same height as stock tire height so speedo isnt off and you have protection for the rim

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
I have 20's on my truck, but it's an X. I guess the drop from the factory is like 2"'s all the way around. There is no way you can go any lower than that unless you bag it and cut out the wheel wells.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts